'I Spoke To Iheanacho, He Said There Was No Contact' - Watford's Success Insists Capoue Was Harshly Sent OffPublished: December 01, 2018
Isaac Success has stated that his teammate, Etienne Capoue, was harshly sent off in the closing minutes of his Watford's 2-0 loss to Leicester City at the King Power Stadium on Saturday evening.
The Frenchman received his marching orders after what appeared to be a strong two-footed challenge on Kelechi Iheanacho, but Success has suggested that referee Graham Scott made the wrong call, with the Foxes number eight admitting that there was no contact made.
Success expects Watford to request an appeal of the red card issued to the midfielder who could be suspended for up to three games if he is found guilty.
''I spoke to Iheanacho and he said there was no contact by Capoue,'' Isaac Success said post-match, according to Watford's official Twitter page.
''I feel sorry for him because he has been one of our best players. Let's see what the FA will do because it was never a red card.''
Isaac Success was shown a yellow card five minutes before the dismissal of Etienne Capoue, his first caution since September 2 against Tottenham Hotspur.
Photo Credit : watfordfc.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Kelechi is a great finisher'- Leicester winger Lookman hails Super Eagles striker
- 'I have him with Nigeria' - Rohr happy for Samuel Kalu after wonder goal for Bordeaux
- Ex-Sheffield United GK expects Arsenal to sign new rival for Okonkwo if Leno is sold
- Victor Osimhen among six Napoli players named in Serie A Team of the Week
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible striker inks new deal with Millwall after Watford, Southampton trials
- Every word said by Osimhen on form, brace, Spalletti, Napoli midfielders, last season's struggles
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football