Iheanacho's Name Mentioned Again As Watford Confirm They Will Appeal Capoue's Red CardPublished: December 02, 2018
Watford manager Javi Gracia has confirmed that the club will appeal the red card received by French midfielder Etienne Capoue in the closing minutes of their 2-0 loss to Leicester City in a Premier League match at the King Power Stadium on Saturday.
Kelechi Iheanacho's name has been mentioned again, this time by the Hornets boss, who wants the incident reviewed by the English Football Association.
Capoue was sent off for what appeared to be a strong two-footed challenge on Iheanacho but the Nigeria international admitted after the game that no contact was made.
''I saw it clear because it was in front of me, but I prefer not to say anything, only what Iheanacho said,'' Gracia said to the official website of Watford.
''He said Capoue didn't touch him. That is more important than what I can say. Yes, we will appeal.
''It doesn't depend on me [what happens], but we are going to appeal. Someone spoke with him [Iheanacho] and told me [what he said].''
Capoue will miss Premier League games against Manchester City, Everton and Cardiff City if Watford's appeal is unsuccessful.
Photo Credit : watfordfc.com
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football