Arsenal's Saka Nets Stunning Goal, Chelsea's Tino Notches Assist Against League One TeamsPublished: December 05, 2018
Arsenal have been knocked out of the Checkatrade Trophy following their 2-1 loss to League One opponents Portsmouth at Fratton Park on Tuesday evening.
There were starts for youngest player of Nigerian descent to feature in the Europa League, Bukayo Saka, Tobi Omole and James Olayinka and they all went the distance apart from Omole.
The Blues led 1-0 at half-time thanks to skipper Brett Pitman's 10th-minute goal but Saka equalised for the visitors in the 66th minute.
The England U19 international cut in from the left and fired into the top corner from the edge of the box to make it 1-1 but Green put the hosts back in front with seven minutes remaining.
Elsewhere, a Chelsea side featuring the impressive Faustino Anjorin reached the last sixteen with a 2-1 win over AFC Wimbledon at Stamdord Bridge.
Charlie Brown gave Chelsea the lead nine minutes before half time, then Daishawn Redan headed in from close range to double the advantage a minute after the restart after a pinpoint cross was delivered to him by Anjorin.
Midfielder Tariq Uwakwe was not in the Blues squad for this one as well as AFC Wimbledon's Nigerian captain Deji Oshilaja who picked up a knock last weekend.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football