Tottenham Hotspur Run The Rule Over Nigerian Winger Against LiverpoolPublished: December 05, 2018
Tottenham Hotspur had a scout present at Anfield for the Merseyside derby between Liverpool and Everton last weekend.
Manager Mauricio Pochettino has revealed that Tottenham chief scout Steve Hitchen was among the spectators that witnessed the game at Anfield, without mentioning the identity of the player he came to run the rule over.
Spurs were interested in signing Ademola Lookman while he was at Charlton Athletic but it was Everton that won the race for his signature and the North London club had renewed their interest in the Nigerian winger in the summer transfer window.
The England U21 star showed a glimpse of his qualities when he replaced Theo Walcott after 63 minutes in the loss to Liverpool.
''It was the same for Steve Hitchen. He was in the Liverpool game against Everton and....I don't know if he's going to be happy, well it's too late now,'' Pochettino was quoted as saying by Football.London.
''He was watching our game there before in the stadium and when Arsenal scored the third goal all the Liverpool fans celebrated, like Arsenal celebrated after.''
Lookman is contracted to Everton until the summer of 2021 and spent the second half of last season on loan at German Bundesliga team RB Leipzig.
Photo Credit : evertonfc.com
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia Dortmund
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football