Nigerian Striker Enters UEFA History Books After Debuting For Manchester United In UYLPublished: December 12, 2018
Nigerian striker Shola Shoretire made his competitive debut for Manchester United U19s in their 2-1 win against Valencia in a UEFA Youth League tie staged at Estadio Antonio Puchades (Paterna) on Wednesday afternoon.
Most of the talk leading up to today's clash revolved around Shoretire as he was in line to set a new record of being the youngest player in history to feature in the UEFA Youth League aged 14 years, 10 months, 10 days.
He took his place in the UEFA history books after coming off the bench in the 75th minute as replacement for Switzerland U19 international Nishan Burkart.
The previous record was held by former R.S.C. Anderlecht goalkeeper Mile Svilar who featured for the Belgian club against Galatasaray SK aged 15 years and 20 days.
Jordi Escobar's 13th minute opener was cancelled out by Burkart on 37 minutes before Aidan Barlow struck with three minutes remaining in the half to give United a 2-1 win lead.
Nicky Butt's side finished as Group H winners with 16 points.
Photo Credit : twitter.com/NewManUtdNews
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football