One Game Not Enough To Test An International Player : Nwakaeme Sends Message To Rohr Ahead Of AFCONPublished: December 15, 2018
Trabzonspor star Anthony Nwakaeme has revealed that one game is not enough to test a player at international level and is asking for another chance to show his skills in subsequent matches.
The experienced striker is disappointed not to be getting call-ups to the Super Eagles since he made his debut in a World Cup qualifier against Algeria in November 2017, which was later forfeited because Nigeria fielded an ineligible player.
''If I am not disappointed I'd be lying. It was not my best game against Algeria but it was not so bad like they look at it,'' Nwakaeme told Super Sport Naija Made on Saturday morning.
''After one game I think that's not fair on my own part. In football, anything can happen, different coaches, different people, different mentality.''
Nigeria have qualified for the 2019 African Cup of Nations with a game to spare and Nwakaeme believes he has a chance to be part of the traveling party next summer.
''Every football player wants to be in the team but at the end of the day the coach decides. Whatever the decision the coach takes, I wish them good luck, Nigeria is my country.
''Whatever they do, they have my full support. If I make the team, glory be to God, if I don't I wish them the best just like in the World Cup.
''I am a football player I want to play, you cannot put yourself,'' he concluded.
This season, Anthony Nwakaeme has scored two goals in eight appearances for Trabzonspor, whom he joined from Hapoel Beer Sheva in the summer transfer window.
Football News 24/7
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football