EPL Wrap: Success, Iheanacho, Lookman, Okaka Subbed In; Ndidi Stars; Billing Close To Scoring; Eyoma In 18; Ibe StartsPublished: December 15, 2018
A round-up of Nigerian players that were in action for their respective clubs in the English Premier League on Saturday, December 15.
Nigerian players with dual nationalities and have played competitively for the senior national teams of other countries have been omitted.
In the early kickoff at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester City cruised to a 3-1 win over Everton to provisionally return to the top of the standings thanks to a brace from Gabriel Jesus and an additional tally from Raheem Sterling.
While Ademola Lookman came off the bench for the Toffees after 57 minutes, young midfielder Felix Nmecha was not in City's 18.
Over to Selhurst Park (London), Luka Milivojevic's brilliant strike from 25 yards in the 39th minute was enough for Crystal Palace to secure all three points against Leicester City.
Super Eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi had another ninety minutes while Kelechi Iheanacho hopped off the bench with 17 minutes left on the clock. The Foxes number 25 saw his strike go over with one minute left.
Elsewhere, Isaac Success and Stefano Okaka were introduced off the bench in the 77th and 83rd minute respectively as Watford held on to claim a 3-2 win against Cardiff City.
The Hornets raced into a 3-0 after 68 minutes with Gerard Deulofeu, Jose Holebas and Quina scoring but it was a nervy ending for the home team after late goals from Junior Hoilett and Bobby Reid.
At Wembley, Christian Eriksen came off the bench to get the winning goal for Tottenham Hotspur in stoppage time in a 1-0 win against a stubborn Burnley side.
Fernando Llorente's introduction in the 82nd minute, the third sub by manager Pochettino, meant there was no Premier League debut for young defender Timothy Eyoma.
At the Molineux Stadium, Jordon Ibe returned to Bournemouth's starting line-up but could not prevent the visitors from losing 2-0 to Wolverhampton Wanderers. Teammate Nnamdi Ofoborh was not in the 18.
Goals from Raul Jimenez and Ivan Cavaleiro in either half secured all three points for Nuno Espírito Santo's men.
At The John Smith's Stadium, Huddersfield Town lost 1-0 to fellow strugglers Newcastle United, with Salomon Rondon netting his fourth goal in six games to give the Magpies a vital win.
Dubravka made an outstanding save to deny a 35-yard free-kick from Philip Billing in the first half. The central midfielder played the full game.
Photo Credit : cpfc.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- 2019 WWC : Nigeria Qualify For Round Of 16, Face Germany Saturday
- Nigeria's Most Expensive Player In History Combined Transfer Fees, Ideye Joins Aris Thessaloniki
- Everton-Owned Winger Onyekuru Likeliest Loan Destination Revealed
- 'We Don't Have Stars Like Okocha, Kanu & Amokachi' - Rohr Admits No Marquee Players In Eagles AFCON Squad
- Braintree Town Snap Up Nigerian Midfielder Cole Who Was On Crystal Palace, Millwall Radar
- 'He Is From A Different Planet' - Mikel Picks Messi Over Ronaldo
- Nigeria vs Burundi : What Super Eagles Must Do To Defeat Unpredictable Debutant
- Done Deal : Third Highest-Scoring Nigerian In Bundesliga History Joins FC Union Berlin
- Ighalo Highlights The Key Qualities Of Super Eagles 'Legend' Obi Mikel
- Man City Beat Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund To Sign Nigerian Winger
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football