Liverpool Legend Blasts Arsenal Coach Emery For Substituting Iwobi In Loss To TottenhamPublished: December 20, 2018
Liverpool legend Jamie Redknapp has criticized Unai Emery's substitution of Alex Iwobi in Arsenal's 2-0 loss o Tottenham Hotspur in the quarterfinal of the League Cup on Wednesday night.
Redknapp, who won the League Cup with Liverpool in 1995, has suggested that it was unwise for the Spaniard to replace Iwobi with Lacazette in the 58th minute because the Nigerian was making things happen in attack.
Although Iwobi is a young player with unquestionable talent, on the flip side he has a a tendency to be inconsistent and was singled out for criticism by the Gunners fans and a section of the media yesterday, but Redknapp saw things differently.
Sky Sports pundit Redknapp said : ''I'd love to know his thinking (behind the substitution). Iwobi was always a threat, always looking to provoke, looking to do something with the ball, I think it was a major blunder taking him off."
This season, Iwobi has scored one goal in 21 appearances for Arsenal in all competitions and has five assists to his name.
Unai Emery's side, who have lost their last two matches, welcome Burnley to the Emirates on Saturday.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Kelechi is a great finisher'- Leicester winger Lookman hails Super Eagles striker
- 'I have him with Nigeria' - Rohr happy for Samuel Kalu after wonder goal for Bordeaux
- Ex-Sheffield United GK expects Arsenal to sign new rival for Okonkwo if Leno is sold
- Victor Osimhen among six Napoli players named in Serie A Team of the Week
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible striker inks new deal with Millwall after Watford, Southampton trials
- Every word said by Osimhen on form, brace, Spalletti, Napoli midfielders, last season's struggles
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football