Saka Reacts After Debuting For Arsenal In Third Competition, Breaks Akpom's Nigerian RecordPublished: January 06, 2019
Bukayo Saka was a late substitute for Alex Iwobi in Arsenal's comprehensive 3-0 win over Blackpool in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday evening.
When the 17-year-old stepped out onto the Bloomfield Road turf in the 86th minute, he was making his debut for the Gunners in the third competition this season.
The Hale End Academy product made his maiden appearance in the Europa League against Vorskla Poltava on November 29, 2018 before he was handed his Premier League debut thirty three days later against Fulham.
Saka became the youngest player of Nigerian descent to feature for Arsenal in the FA Cup following his appearance against the Seasiders, aged 17 years and 4 months, breaking the previous record held by Chuba Akpom, who was 19 years, 2 months and 26 days when he played against Hull City on January 4, 2015.
Reacting to his debut in the FA Cup, Saka tweeted : ''Good to get some more minutes tonight in the Fa cup🙌🏿 More importantly to get the win! Onto the next round✅ #coyg''.
He has earned rapid promotion at Arsenal this season considering the fact that he was playing for the U18 team four months ago.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Tunisia 0 Nigeria 1: Ighalo Equals 25-Year-Old Nigerian Goalscoring Record As Super Eagles Win Third Place Play-off
- Confirmed : 165-Cap International Departs Chelsea For VfL Wolfsburg
- Super Eagles Winger Chukwueze Among 80 Players Shortlisted For Golden Boy Award
- Starts For Iwobi, Omeruo; Aina Returns; Uzoho Debuts As Rohr Unveils Nigeria Starting XI Vs Tunisia
- Everton Winger Onyekuru Rejects Move To CSKA Moscow
- Spur's Onomah May Join Nigerian Golden Boy Nominee At Borussia Monchengladbach; Mainz, Augsburg, Frankfurt Also In The Mix
- Nigeria Team News Vs Tunisia: Rohr Hints Osimhen, Uzoho May Play; Mikel, Akepyi, Awaziem Out
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Whizkids React After Scoring First Professional Goals For Arsenal
- AFCON 2019: Mikel Among Three World-class Players Who Could Have Done Better In Egypt
- 'No 10. Is A Very Special Jersey To My Family' - Okocha's Nephew Iwobi Not Ruling Out Wearing Shirt Number
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football