Saka Reacts After Debuting For Arsenal In Third Competition, Breaks Akpom's Nigerian RecordPublished: January 06, 2019
Bukayo Saka was a late substitute for Alex Iwobi in Arsenal's comprehensive 3-0 win over Blackpool in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday evening.
When the 17-year-old stepped out onto the Bloomfield Road turf in the 86th minute, he was making his debut for the Gunners in the third competition this season.
The Hale End Academy product made his maiden appearance in the Europa League against Vorskla Poltava on November 29, 2018 before he was handed his Premier League debut thirty three days later against Fulham.
Saka became the youngest player of Nigerian descent to feature for Arsenal in the FA Cup following his appearance against the Seasiders, aged 17 years and 4 months, breaking the previous record held by Chuba Akpom, who was 19 years, 2 months and 26 days when he played against Hull City on January 4, 2015.
Reacting to his debut in the FA Cup, Saka tweeted : ''Good to get some more minutes tonight in the Fa cup🙌🏿 More importantly to get the win! Onto the next round✅ #coyg''.
He has earned rapid promotion at Arsenal this season considering the fact that he was playing for the U18 team four months ago.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Rohr On Difficult Match Vs Seychelles, Uzoho's Howler, Finishing Top Of The Group
- Six Things We Learned From Super Eagles Final Africa Cup Of Nations Qualifier
- Super Eagles Player Ratings Vs Seychelles : Collins Marauding; Omeruo Solid; Shehu, Henry Promising; Iwobi Struggles
- Three Takeaways From Super Eagles 3-1 Win Vs Pirates : Iwobi, Collins, Midfield
- Nigeria 3 Seychelles 1 : Ighalo, Henry, Simon On Target As Eagles Finish Top Of AFCONQ Group
- Super Eagles Chief Scout Agali: Seychelles, Egypt Games May Be Key In New National Team Call-Ups
- Internationals : Tomori, Lookman, Solanke Feature England U21s; Uduokhai Germany U21s; No Senior Debut For Billing
- Iwobi, Omeruo, Onyekuru, Etebo, Ndidi Start As Rohr Names Super Eagles Starting XI Vs Seychelles
- Ahmed Musa Confident Super Eagles Have What It Takes To Succeed At AFCON
- Borussia Dortmund Eye FC Basel's Nigerian Winger As Replacement For Chelsea-Owned Pulisic
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football