Saka Reacts After Debuting For Arsenal In Third Competition, Breaks Akpom's Nigerian RecordPublished: January 06, 2019
Bukayo Saka was a late substitute for Alex Iwobi in Arsenal's comprehensive 3-0 win over Blackpool in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday evening.
When the 17-year-old stepped out onto the Bloomfield Road turf in the 86th minute, he was making his debut for the Gunners in the third competition this season.
The Hale End Academy product made his maiden appearance in the Europa League against Vorskla Poltava on November 29, 2018 before he was handed his Premier League debut thirty three days later against Fulham.
Saka became the youngest player of Nigerian descent to feature for Arsenal in the FA Cup following his appearance against the Seasiders, aged 17 years and 4 months, breaking the previous record held by Chuba Akpom, who was 19 years, 2 months and 26 days when he played against Hull City on January 4, 2015.
Reacting to his debut in the FA Cup, Saka tweeted : ''Good to get some more minutes tonight in the Fa cup🙌🏿 More importantly to get the win! Onto the next round✅ #coyg''.
He has earned rapid promotion at Arsenal this season considering the fact that he was playing for the U18 team four months ago.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- 'John Was Excellent' - Stoke City Coach Admits Mikel Played A Key Role In Clean Sheet
- Nigeria Handed Injury Boost Pre-Sierra Leone As Ejuke Named In CSKA Moscow Traveling Squad
- Chelsea Loanee Moses Makes Home Debut In Spartak Moscow's Loss To Rostov
- 'It Was My First Leicester City Goal'- Iheanacho Excited At Prospect Of Facing Leeds United
- Rohr To Run The Rule Over Nwakali As Ex-Arsenal Star Makes Full La Liga Debut Vs Real Madrid
- First Squad Involvement For Ideho As Arsenal Lose To Liverpool In Premier League 2
- Former Napoli Striker Carnevale Offers Surprising Advice To Super Eagles Star Osimhen
- Genk's Dessers Insists He Can Play With Onuachu After Scoring First Goal From Open Play
- Red-Hot Striker Fiabema Scores Game-Winner As Chelsea Beat Man Utd In FA Youth Cup
- Nwakaeme Involved In Three Goals As Trabzonspor Lose Seven-Goal Thriller
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football