Saka Reacts After Debuting For Arsenal In Third Competition, Breaks Akpom's Nigerian RecordPublished: January 06, 2019
Bukayo Saka was a late substitute for Alex Iwobi in Arsenal's comprehensive 3-0 win over Blackpool in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday evening.
When the 17-year-old stepped out onto the Bloomfield Road turf in the 86th minute, he was making his debut for the Gunners in the third competition this season.
The Hale End Academy product made his maiden appearance in the Europa League against Vorskla Poltava on November 29, 2018 before he was handed his Premier League debut thirty three days later against Fulham.
Saka became the youngest player of Nigerian descent to feature for Arsenal in the FA Cup following his appearance against the Seasiders, aged 17 years and 4 months, breaking the previous record held by Chuba Akpom, who was 19 years, 2 months and 26 days when he played against Hull City on January 4, 2015.
Reacting to his debut in the FA Cup, Saka tweeted : ''Good to get some more minutes tonight in the Fa cup🙌🏿 More importantly to get the win! Onto the next round✅ #coyg''.
He has earned rapid promotion at Arsenal this season considering the fact that he was playing for the U18 team four months ago.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Kelechi is a great finisher'- Leicester winger Lookman hails Super Eagles striker
- 'I have him with Nigeria' - Rohr happy for Samuel Kalu after wonder goal for Bordeaux
- Ex-Sheffield United GK expects Arsenal to sign new rival for Okonkwo if Leno is sold
- Victor Osimhen among six Napoli players named in Serie A Team of the Week
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible striker inks new deal with Millwall after Watford, Southampton trials
- Every word said by Osimhen on form, brace, Spalletti, Napoli midfielders, last season's struggles
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football