FA Cup: Starts For Super Eagles Stars Success, Iheanacho, Ajayi; Oteh Strikes; Eze, Osayi-Samuel, Nmecha FeaturePublished: January 06, 2019
Catch up on the players of Nigerian descent that were in action in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup on Sunday, January 6th.
At the Etihad Stadium, Super Eagles defender, Semi Ajayi could not help Rotherham prevent a 7-0 trouncing at the hands of Manchester City.
Ajayi's miserable afternoon was further compounded when he turned in a dangerous cross from Walker into his own net at the stroke of halftime for 3-0.
At the Laithwaithe Community Stadium, Isaac Success started upfront for Watford who beat National League side Woking 2-0 to book their place in the next round of the competition.
The striker who was cautioned in the 14th minute came close to scoring twice in the first half before he was replaced by Troy Deeney 19 minutes from time.
Teammate Stefano Okaka who has been subject of transfer speculations was omitted from the match day squad.
Elsewhere, the trio of Eberechi Eze, Bright Osayi-Samuel and Aramide Oteh were handed starting berths by Queen Park Rangers manager, Steve McClaren in their 2-1 win versus Leeds United at the Loftus Road.
After 23 minutes, Jake Bidwell was tripped in the area by Leeds defender, Davis and Oteh was handed the responsibility of taking the spot kick, the 20-year-old stepping up to send goalkeeper, Bailey Peacock-Farell the wrong way.
While Osayi-Samuel and Eze lasted till the 86th and 90 minutes of the game, Oteh made way after 83 minutes.
Manchester City loanee, Lukas Nmecha was in the starting XI at the Deepdale for Preston North End who succumbed 3-1 to Doncaster Rovers.
Nmecha was afforded 74 minutes of play before he came off for Sean Maguire.
Finally, in the late kick-off at the Rodney Parade Stadium which sees Newport County host Leicester City, Kelechi Iheanacho is named in the Foxes starting line-up while his compatriot, Ndidi is afforded a well deserved rest.
Photo Credit : watfordfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Olympiakos-Linked Striker Onyekuru Reveals His Preferred Destination
- Why Manchester United's Fastest Player Is Perfect For Nigeria Youth Teams
- Official : Two Nigerian Youngsters To Depart Norwich City At The End Of June
- Lille Target Mexico Whizkid As Replacement For Chelsea, Arsenal-Linked Osimhen
- 'He Might Go To Celtic' - Scottish Champions Backed To Sign Nigeria-Eligible Winger
- Ex-Tottenham Hotspur Boss Redknapp Reacts To Rumours Linking Him To Super Eagles Job
- 'It Was Very Scary For Me' - Leicester's Ndidi On Stepping Into The Shoes Of Kante
- Iwobi Names One Player Who Can Take Ighalo's Role In Eagles; Reacts To Rohr's New Deal
- Bundesliga Wrap MD 28 : Awoniyi Starts; Ehizibue Subbed Out; Collins, Uduokhai Shine; Torunarigha Booked; Lookman Features
- SC Heerenveen Turn Down Eight Million Euros Bid From Chinese Club For Ejuke
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football