Why Watford Super Kid Dubbed The New Eden Hazard Left Nigeria U20 CampPublished: January 16, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Jayden Bennetts, who has been dubbed the New Eden Hazard, has returned to the United Kingdom after training with the Flying Eagles ahead of their participation in the upcoming 2019 Africa U20 Cup of Nations.
The attacking midfielder departing the Nigeria U20s get-together in Abuja does not mean he has been axed from the roster by manager Paul Aigbogun.
Watford permitted Bennetts to train with the Flying Eagles squad for one week and ordered him to return to Hertfordshire ahead of Thursday evening's crucial FA Youth Cup clash against Southampton, a game he's expected to be named in the starting line-up, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
The fact that the Hornets released him to the Nigerian Federation was a show of magnanimity as the pre-tournament training camp is outside the international window for national team activities.
Coach Paul Aigbogun has finished running the rule over Bennetts and the highly-rated youngster still stands a good chance of making the squad list for the tournament in the Republic of the Niger.
Born in Barnet, England to a Nigerian father and German mum, the uncapped midfielder is eligible to represent the national teams of Nigeria, England and Germany.
Bennetts arrived in the Nigerian capital, Abuja on January 4 and left camp on January 14.
Football News 24/7
- U17 AFCON Nigeria Press Conference : Every Word On Guinea, Complaint By Senegal, Tough Group A & More
- Will Belgian-Born Striker Cyriel Dessers Ever Get His Chance With Nigeria?
- Nigerian Midfielder Offered New Contract By West Ham
- Hammarby Confirm Interest In Golden Eaglets Star Amoo, But Deny He Has Signed Contract
- Teenage Nigerian Duo Spotted Training With Arsenal First-Team Pre-Wolves
- U17 AFCON : Golden Eaglets Coaches Forcing Injured 'Little Messi' To Play Against Guinea
- Uganda Coach Names The Most Talented Golden Eaglets Player In 2019 U17 AFCON
- One Player Who Deserves Sarri's Attention After Incredible Spell In Spain
- Chelsea Let Slip Tammy Abraham Expected To Re-join Club Next Season
- Trabzonspor's Anthony Nwakaeme Named Player Of The Week In Turkey
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football