Why Watford Super Kid Dubbed The New Eden Hazard Left Nigeria U20 CampPublished: January 16, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Jayden Bennetts, who has been dubbed the New Eden Hazard, has returned to the United Kingdom after training with the Flying Eagles ahead of their participation in the upcoming 2019 Africa U20 Cup of Nations.
The attacking midfielder departing the Nigeria U20s get-together in Abuja does not mean he has been axed from the roster by manager Paul Aigbogun.
Watford permitted Bennetts to train with the Flying Eagles squad for one week and ordered him to return to Hertfordshire ahead of Thursday evening's crucial FA Youth Cup clash against Southampton, a game he's expected to be named in the starting line-up, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
The fact that the Hornets released him to the Nigerian Federation was a show of magnanimity as the pre-tournament training camp is outside the international window for national team activities.
Coach Paul Aigbogun has finished running the rule over Bennetts and the highly-rated youngster still stands a good chance of making the squad list for the tournament in the Republic of the Niger.
Born in Barnet, England to a Nigerian father and German mum, the uncapped midfielder is eligible to represent the national teams of Nigeria, England and Germany.
Bennetts arrived in the Nigerian capital, Abuja on January 4 and left camp on January 14.
Football News 24/7
- Sir Alex Ferguson, Solskjaer, Carrick Run The Rule Over Three Nigeria-Eligible Players Vs Boro U18
- ''Iwobi Has Been Immense' - Ex-Manchester United Star Hails Playmaker's First Half Display Vs West Ham
- Oyedeji Opens Arsenal Account With Brace Vs Tottenham U18s; Two Assists For Azeez; Etete Strikes
- Manchester City Mulling Over Move For Huddersfield Town's Nigerian Winger
- Real Reason Why Nigerian Midfielder Missed Chelsea's 3-1 Win Against Arsenal U23
- Six Things To Note About Golden Eaglets World Cup Roster
- 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup : The Five Golden Eaglets Players To Keep An Eye On
- Spanish Journalists Hail Ramon Azeez's Impact In Granada's Win Against Osasuna
- Balogun Stars For Arsenal In Loss To Chelsea Premier League 2
- AFCON Winning-Defender Tasks CHAN Eagles To Surmount Togo Hurdle
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football