Cesc Fabregas Confirms Ex-Super Eagles Star Convinced Him To Join MonacoPublished: January 16, 2019
Former Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has confirmed that ex-Nigeria international Michael Emenalo played a key role in his decision to join Monaco in the winter transfer market over his other suitors, including AC Milan.
The Spain international maintains a good relationship with the sporting director of Monaco, Emenalo, who made him come to Chelsea in 2014 from Barcelona, as well as the coach of the Principality outfit Thierry Henry, his former teammate during their time at Arsenal.
Fabregas, who has penned a three-and-a-half year deal with Monaco, was presented to the press on Wednesday and explained why he joined the club.
Speaking at his unveiling, the 31-year-old told reporters : ''For me it's a pleasure to be here. When the opportunity came to come here it was a surprise for me too. I evaluated my options, talked with the coach, with Vadim and with Emenalo.
''For me and my family it was the best solution. I'm really excited to be here with all these very good young players.
''I hope we will succeed in the future. Why a surprise? It was not in the negative sense, I was in England for many years.
''To tell the truth three months ago I did not plan to leave but there were circumstances. I started playing less and wanted to take on this new challenge''.
Emenalo and Monaco Vice President Vadim Vasilyev are attempting to bring another player from Chelsea, Michy Batshuayi, but the Blues are seeking to sell the striker outright rather than loaning him out again.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- U17 AFCON Nigeria Press Conference : Every Word On Guinea, Complaint By Senegal, Tough Group A & More
- Will Belgian-Born Striker Cyriel Dessers Ever Get His Chance With Nigeria?
- Nigerian Midfielder Offered New Contract By West Ham
- Hammarby Confirm Interest In Golden Eaglets Star Amoo, But Deny He Has Signed Contract
- Teenage Nigerian Duo Spotted Training With Arsenal First-Team Pre-Wolves
- U17 AFCON : Golden Eaglets Coaches Forcing Injured 'Little Messi' To Play Against Guinea
- Uganda Coach Names The Most Talented Golden Eaglets Player In 2019 U17 AFCON
- One Player Who Deserves Sarri's Attention After Incredible Spell In Spain
- Chelsea Let Slip Tammy Abraham Expected To Re-join Club Next Season
- Trabzonspor's Anthony Nwakaeme Named Player Of The Week In Turkey
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football