Cesc Fabregas Confirms Ex-Super Eagles Star Convinced Him To Join MonacoPublished: January 16, 2019
Former Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has confirmed that ex-Nigeria international Michael Emenalo played a key role in his decision to join Monaco in the winter transfer market over his other suitors, including AC Milan.
The Spain international maintains a good relationship with the sporting director of Monaco, Emenalo, who made him come to Chelsea in 2014 from Barcelona, as well as the coach of the Principality outfit Thierry Henry, his former teammate during their time at Arsenal.
Fabregas, who has penned a three-and-a-half year deal with Monaco, was presented to the press on Wednesday and explained why he joined the club.
Speaking at his unveiling, the 31-year-old told reporters : ''For me it's a pleasure to be here. When the opportunity came to come here it was a surprise for me too. I evaluated my options, talked with the coach, with Vadim and with Emenalo.
''For me and my family it was the best solution. I'm really excited to be here with all these very good young players.
''I hope we will succeed in the future. Why a surprise? It was not in the negative sense, I was in England for many years.
''To tell the truth three months ago I did not plan to leave but there were circumstances. I started playing less and wanted to take on this new challenge''.
Emenalo and Monaco Vice President Vadim Vasilyev are attempting to bring another player from Chelsea, Michy Batshuayi, but the Blues are seeking to sell the striker outright rather than loaning him out again.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- Seven Flying Eagles Players Who Showed Promise In 2019 U20 AFCON
- Most Overpaid EPL Players Based On Minutes Played: Victor Moses, Okaka Make Top 10
- Two Players Of Nigerian Descent On Target For Man Utd U16 In 5-0 Rout Of FK Poprad
- Fifty Hottest Prospects In English Football: Chelsea's Anjorin, Arsenal's Saka, Norwich's Idah Make List
- Ex-Bayern Munich Striker Adeyemi Named Among Most Experienced Youngsters In Europe
- Nigerian Striker Celebrates New Contract With Goal & Assist For Arsenal U18s
- Leon Balogun Injury Nightmare Strikes Again Ahead Of Rohr's AFCONQ Squad Announcement
- Uzoho Invalid Medical Certificate : Super Eagles GK Suspended One Game; Fined N405,000
- Official : Junior Ajayi Extends Al Ahly Contract Until 2022
- Liverpool Post Scout To Watch Everton Loanee Henry, Nwakaeme In Turkish Super Lig Match
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football