Olosunde Named In Manchester United Match Day Squad First Time In Eleven Months After InjuryPublished: January 17, 2019
American-born Nigerian defender Matthew Olosunde has recovered from a long-term injury and was included in Manchester United's match day squad for the first time this season as the U23 team were held to a goalless draw by PSV in a Premier League International Cup clash at Leigh Sports Village Stadium on Thursday evening.
The right back has not featured for The Red Devils since February 27, 2018 when he lasted 45 minutes on the pitch against Villarreal in the Premier League International Cup.
Although Olosunde was battling injury concerns for most part of last season, he still managed to earn his only senior cap for the United States in a friendly against Bolivia last May.
On his return to the match day squad, he was among the four substitutes not introduced off the bench by manager Ricky Sbragia.
The fullback will be hopeful of making his first appearance for the 2018-2019 campaign in United U23s upcoming fixtures against PSG and Southampton.
The 20-year-old Olosunde has yet to make his professional debut but traveled with the first team for Premier League games against Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur in 2017.
Photo Credit : manutd.com
Football News 24/7
- Irish-Nigerian teenager in the running for West Ham United Goal of the Month
- N21.8m Debt: Select/Emeks Sports slam Heartland FC with N100m lawsuit
- Two players of Nigerian descent named in latest SPFL Team of the Week
- Balogun has three Leagues in mind ahead of temporary departure from Arsenal
- Super Eagles star to reject new Rangers deal amid interest from Watford, Brentford, Palace
- Versatile Nigerian defender in advanced talks with Tottenham Hotspur over new deal
- Ex-African POTY defends Tuchel over decision not to start Chelsea's record acquisition
- Racing Genk chief backs Super Eagles striker to be a contender for the Golden Shoe
- Nigerian GK details how he joined Colchester after being on the radar of Norwich, AFC Wimbledon
- Iwobi makes cameo as Everton beat Arsenal in dramatic circumstances; Okonkwo benched
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football