Three Nigerian Wingers Set To Miss Showdown Between Arsenal and ChelseaPublished: January 19, 2019
Three Nigerian wingers are set to miss the eagerly anticipated Premier League clash between Arsenal and Chelsea at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday evening.
Gunners manager Unai Emery is unlikely to call upon Bukayo Saka and Xavier Amaechi for the match day 23 fixture as they both played 120 and 117 minutes respectively for the 18s in their 5-2 rout of Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Youth Cup just two days ago.
The two wingers were not spotted training with the first team in their final training session at London Colney on Friday.
While Saka has made four appearances for Arsenal's first team in the last two months, Amaechi has yet to make his professional debut mainly because he just returned from a long-term injury.
Another Hale End Academy product, Alex Iwobi trained yesterday and is a certainty to be named in the 18-man squad.
As for Chelsea, Victor Moses is surplus to requirements and is seeking a move away from Stamford Bridge to enhance his chances of playing first-team football.
The former Nigeria international was last named in a match day squad for a Premier League game about four months ago.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Kelechi is a great finisher'- Leicester winger Lookman hails Super Eagles striker
- 'I have him with Nigeria' - Rohr happy for Samuel Kalu after wonder goal for Bordeaux
- Ex-Sheffield United GK expects Arsenal to sign new rival for Okonkwo if Leno is sold
- Victor Osimhen among six Napoli players named in Serie A Team of the Week
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible striker inks new deal with Millwall after Watford, Southampton trials
- Every word said by Osimhen on form, brace, Spalletti, Napoli midfielders, last season's struggles
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football