Reading's Aluko Hails Ejaria For Helping Him Score In Loss To Derby CountyPublished: January 20, 2019
Sone Aluko acknowledged that Liverpool loanee Ovie Ejaria assisted him to score what turned out to be a consolation goal as Reading were beaten 2-1 by Derby County in the Championship on Saturday.
On 66 minutes, the Nigeria international halved the deficit after Ejaria intercepted a stray pass and played the Nigeria international through.
Aluko was introduced at the start of the second half to add impetus to the attack and appeared at the centre of all of Reading's good work.
''We were pressing and Ovie Ejaria intercepted it, I made the run off the back of the defender and he played it through. The goalkeeper made up my mind for me by sprinting out and going to his right, and I put it off the post and in,'' said Aluko to the official website of the Royals.
"We dominated the ball in the second half, pressed high and tried to win it back quickly.
"The second half was how we need to play for 90 minutes. You can't allow teams two minutes off, we need to get better at that."
Aluko's strike against The Rams was his first of the season after 15 appearances in the Championship.
Photo Credit : readingfc.co.uk
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football