Three Chelsea Loanees, Iwobi, Henry, Etebo, Chukwueze Named In Nigerian Team Of The WeekPublished: January 21, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com rounds up the best performing players from last week in its team of the week, thus.
Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United): Akpeyi helped the Chilli Boys record a 2-0 victory over Maritzburg United in the PSL, their first in 2019.
Fikayo Tomori (Derby County): The Chelsea loanee went the distance for the Rams in their 2-1 win over Reading in the English Championship.
Kenneth Omeruo (Leganes): Omeruo logged the entire duration of their Spanish La Liga clash versus Barcelona at Camp Nou, excelling as one of the best Leganes players despite their 3-1 loss.
Ola Aina (Torino): Aina was one of his team's best players in spite of the narrow 3-2 defeat to Italian giants, Roma in a Serie A game at the Stadio Olimpico.
Ali Koiki (Swindon Town): Young Burnley loanee, Koiki put in another good showing as Town earned a 2-1 away win over Tranmere Rovers in a League Two clash at the Prenton Park.
Oghenekaro Etebo: Etebo put in a solid showing in the middle of the pack for the Potters as they recorded a 2-1 victory over Championship leaders, Leeds at the Bet365 stadium.
Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal): Chukwueze came off the bench to help Villarreal peg back Athletic Club 1-1 in their Spanish La Liga game at the Ceramic Stadium.
Alex Iwobi (Arsenal): Iwobi came on to help Arsenal to beat Chelsea 2-0 at the Emirates in their English Premier League encounter.
Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux): The 21-year-old laid on his side's winning goal in another sensational showing in the French Ligue 1.
Henry Onyekuru (Galatasaray): Galatasaray had the Super Eagles striker to thank after his treble helped them to a 6-0 victory over Ankaragucu in a Turkish Super Lig game.
Josh Maja (Sunderland): Red-hot Maja tallied his 15th League One goal for the Black Cats in the 1-1 draw with Scunthorpe United at the Glanford Park.
Football News 24/7
- Seven Flying Eagles Players Who Showed Promise In 2019 U20 AFCON
- Most Overpaid EPL Players Based On Minutes Played: Victor Moses, Okaka Make Top 10
- Two Players Of Nigerian Descent On Target For Man Utd U16 In 5-0 Rout Of FK Poprad
- Fifty Hottest Prospects In English Football: Chelsea's Anjorin, Arsenal's Saka, Norwich's Idah Make List
- Ex-Bayern Munich Striker Adeyemi Named Among Most Experienced Youngsters In Europe
- Nigerian Striker Celebrates New Contract With Goal & Assist For Arsenal U18s
- Leon Balogun Injury Nightmare Strikes Again Ahead Of Rohr's AFCONQ Squad Announcement
- Uzoho Invalid Medical Certificate : Super Eagles GK Suspended One Game; Fined N405,000
- Official : Junior Ajayi Extends Al Ahly Contract Until 2022
- Liverpool Post Scout To Watch Everton Loanee Henry, Nwakaeme In Turkish Super Lig Match
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football