Tottenham Hotspur's Nigerian Defender Not In Contention To Face Chelsea In League CupPublished: January 24, 2019
Tottenham Hotspur starlet Timothy Eyoma, 18, is not in contention to make his second appearance as a professional when Tottenham Hotspur meet Chelsea in the Carabao Cup semi-final, second leg on Thursday evening.
The England U19 international of Nigerian descent is expected to miss the match because he went the distance as Tottenham Hotspur U23 team beat Athletic Club Bilbao in the Premier League International Cup at Stevenage less than 24 hours ago.
It's been twenty days since Eyoma made his professional debut for Spurs in a 7-0 rout of Tranmere Rovers in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup.
Prior to his maiden appearance as a pro, he was on the bench against West Ham (League Cup) and Burnley (Premier League).
Four months to the end of the season, the Tottenham Hotspur roster has been ravaged by injury, with top scorer Harry Kane and England midfielder Dele Alli ruled out of action but Eyoma will not be brought in to bolster the squad as he is a defensive-minded player.
Eyoma has featured in 22 matches across all competitions for Tottenham's youth teams this term.
Photo Credit : tottenhamhotspur.com
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football