Chelsea Coach Reacts To Reports Victor Moses Is Set To Join Fenerbahce On LoanPublished: January 25, 2019
Chelsea assistant coach Gianfranco Zola, who was standing in for first-team boss Maurizio Sarri at Friday's pre-match press conference, has confirmed one of the worst kept secrets in the winter transfer market, that Victor Moses is on the brink of sealing a transfer to Turkish club Fenerbahce.
The former Nigeria international is set to be unveiled by the Yellow Canaries in the coming days if not hours after traveling to Istanbul on Wednesday evening, accompanied by his wife.
Moses is now the fifth choice winger at The Blues behind Eden Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Callum Hudson-Odoi, who moved ahead of him after reports emerged that he was wanted by German champions Bayern Munich.
Asked if Moses is joining Fenerbahce, Zola answered : ''Yes, Chelsea have given him permission to talk to Fenerbahce.
''It’s a pity because he’s a wonderful professional but he couldn’t find the opportunities to show his value.''
Moses has started only one game for Chelsea this season from a possible 36 in all competitions which was a League Cup tie against Liverpool in September.
The 28-year-old has enjoyed loan spells at Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham since his arrival at Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2012.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football