Two Nigeria-Eligible Youngsters Named In Tottenham's Champions League RosterPublished: February 06, 2019
Two players eligible to represent the Nigeria National Teams have been included in Tottenham Hotspur's Champions League roster for the knockout rounds of the competition.
Defender Timothy Eyoma and midfielder Luke Amos have been registered by the London club on their List B.
Amos is unlikely to feature for Spurs this season after rupturing an anterior cruciate knee ligament while playing for the club's U23 team in a Premier League 2 fixture against Blackburn Rovers on September 28.
The 21-year-old had been tipped to make a first team breakthrough prior to his spell on the sidelines and was part of the match day squads for Premier League matches against Newcastle United and Manchester United in August 2018.
Eyoma, 19, is also nearing the first team with a solitary appearance in the Premier League while he was an unused substitute for League and FA Cup matches.
The two players traveled with the first team for their pre-season tour of the United States and both made the starting line-up in a 1-0 win against Milan in the International Champions Cup.
Tottenham resume their Champions League campaign against Borussia Dortmund on February 13, with the first leg taking place at Wembley Stadium.
Photo Credit : tottenhamhotspur.com
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football