Revealed : Why Faustino Anjorin Was Omitted From Chelsea U23 Squad Vs DerbyPublished: February 06, 2019
Poole-born Nigerian midfielder Faustino Anjorin was omitted from the Chelsea U23 squad in their hard fought 1-0 win against Derby County in a Premier League 2 fixture on Monday evening.
Explaining why the England U18 star was not in the team that faced The Rams, Chelsea informed via their official website that he was not available for selection owing to an undisclosed injury.
The Blues have not disclosed Anjorin's expected return date ahead of next Friday's meeting with Swansea City.
The 17-year-old has made 19 appearances for Chelsea youth teams this season, scoring 11 goals in total in the U18 Premier League, U18 Premier League Cup, FA Youth Cup, EFL Trophy, Premier League 2 and UEFA Youth League.
He had a bright start to the 2018-19 campaign after netting in seven successive matches between September and November.
Meanwhile, another Nigerian midfielder on the books of the Stamford Bridge outfit, Tariq Uwakwe has returned to action after spending two months in the treatment room.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football