Top 10 Young Player Of The Year Premier League: Ndidi Rated Higher Than Rashford, Bernardo SilvaPublished: February 07, 2019
Two Nigerian central midfielders have been backed to be nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Year on the back of their impressive performances for their Premier League teams.
Leicester City's Wilfred Ndidi and Huddersfield Town's Philip Billing have both been picked in Whoscored.com's
Top Rated Young Player of the Year candidates.
While the Nigeria international is number six on the list with a rating of 7.15, Denmark U21 star Billing has a 7.19 rating and is the fourth best youngest in England as at February 6, 2019.
Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham), Bernardo Silva (Man City), James Maddison (Leicester) and Marcus Rashford (Manchester United) ranked lower than the two Nigeria-eligible players.
Raheem Sterling is being tipped to win the award ahead of his Manchester City teammate Leroy Sane and Crystal Palace exciting fullback Aaron Wan-Bissaka in that order; Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold completes the top five rated players.
Ndidi has appeared in 25 matches in this season's Premier League, scoring two goals, while Billing has played 22 games and netted the same number of goals.
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football