Iwobi Hails Lacazette's Goal, Explains Technique In Fourth Goal of The SeasonPublished: February 10, 2019
Alex Iwobi has expressed his pleasure at the goal scored by teammate Alexandre Lacazette in Arsenal's 2-1 win over Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday.
Iwobi scored the Gunners' first goal of the game with a deflected strike, his fourth of the season in all tournaments, before Lacazette made victory certain.
Iwobi spoke to the club's website, www.arsenal.com following the crucial victory.
"We've been working a lot on transitioning when we get the ball, to counter-attack and attack with speed.
"So when the goal went in it was a great team move and I was also happy for Laca to get the goal as well," the Nigerian told the club's website.
"Ainsley did well today,. He's an attacking threat. You can see that he can get up and down, he's got a lot of stamina. It'll do him a lot of good and hopefully he continues this run of form."
Iwobi then explained his thought process when he received the ball from Sead Kolašinac.
"As soon as I saw it (ball) coming in the air and saw the defender coming, I thought I just had to get a good connection, and luckily for me it went through the guy's leg with a bit of a deflection and went in.
"No, [this nutmeg] wasn't on purpose, I promise," the amiable winger stressed.
Arsenal will now turn their attention to the Europa League as they play BATE Borisov in the Round of 32 stages.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- U17 AFCON Nigeria Press Conference : Every Word On Guinea, Complaint By Senegal, Tough Group A & More
- Will Belgian-Born Striker Cyriel Dessers Ever Get His Chance With Nigeria?
- Nigerian Midfielder Offered New Contract By West Ham
- Hammarby Confirm Interest In Golden Eaglets Star Amoo, But Deny He Has Signed Contract
- Teenage Nigerian Duo Spotted Training With Arsenal First-Team Pre-Wolves
- U17 AFCON : Golden Eaglets Coaches Forcing Injured 'Little Messi' To Play Against Guinea
- Uganda Coach Names The Most Talented Golden Eaglets Player In 2019 U17 AFCON
- One Player Who Deserves Sarri's Attention After Incredible Spell In Spain
- Chelsea Let Slip Tammy Abraham Expected To Re-join Club Next Season
- Trabzonspor's Anthony Nwakaeme Named Player Of The Week In Turkey
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football