Iwobi Hails Lacazette's Goal, Explains Technique In Fourth Goal of The SeasonPublished: February 10, 2019
Alex Iwobi has expressed his pleasure at the goal scored by teammate Alexandre Lacazette in Arsenal's 2-1 win over Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday.
Iwobi scored the Gunners' first goal of the game with a deflected strike, his fourth of the season in all tournaments, before Lacazette made victory certain.
Iwobi spoke to the club's website, www.arsenal.com following the crucial victory.
"We've been working a lot on transitioning when we get the ball, to counter-attack and attack with speed.
"So when the goal went in it was a great team move and I was also happy for Laca to get the goal as well," the Nigerian told the club's website.
"Ainsley did well today,. He's an attacking threat. You can see that he can get up and down, he's got a lot of stamina. It'll do him a lot of good and hopefully he continues this run of form."
Iwobi then explained his thought process when he received the ball from Sead Kolašinac.
"As soon as I saw it (ball) coming in the air and saw the defender coming, I thought I just had to get a good connection, and luckily for me it went through the guy's leg with a bit of a deflection and went in.
"No, [this nutmeg] wasn't on purpose, I promise," the amiable winger stressed.
Arsenal will now turn their attention to the Europa League as they play BATE Borisov in the Round of 32 stages.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Hoogewerf Makes Full Debut As Manchester United Suffer First League Loss At All Levels
- Done Deal : Scottish Champions Celtic Sign Talented Nigerian Striker
- New Aston Villa Signing Udanoh Center Of Three-Wag Tug Of War Between Nigeria, England & USA
- Chelsea Fan Peter Psquare Watches Chukwueze Open His Account For The Season In Spain
- Everton Winger Alex Iwobi Names Nigeria Legend As His Childhood Hero
- Nigerian Exports : Villarreal's Chukwueze, Bordeaux's Maja, Wycombe Wanderers' Onyedinma Score For Clubs
- Aston Villa Beat Liverpool, West Ham, Wolves To The Signing Of Promising Center Back
- Celtic, Rangers, West Ham Battling To Sign Nigerian Winger From Chelsea
- Fortuna Düsseldorf's Okoye Battling To Be Fit For Friendly Vs Ukraine After Operation
- Arsenal's Nigerian Fans React To Dani Ceballos' Masterclass Display Vs Burnley
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football