Iwobi Hails Lacazette's Goal, Explains Technique In Fourth Goal of The SeasonPublished: February 10, 2019
Alex Iwobi has expressed his pleasure at the goal scored by teammate Alexandre Lacazette in Arsenal's 2-1 win over Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday.
Iwobi scored the Gunners' first goal of the game with a deflected strike, his fourth of the season in all tournaments, before Lacazette made victory certain.
Iwobi spoke to the club's website, www.arsenal.com following the crucial victory.
"We've been working a lot on transitioning when we get the ball, to counter-attack and attack with speed.
"So when the goal went in it was a great team move and I was also happy for Laca to get the goal as well," the Nigerian told the club's website.
"Ainsley did well today,. He's an attacking threat. You can see that he can get up and down, he's got a lot of stamina. It'll do him a lot of good and hopefully he continues this run of form."
Iwobi then explained his thought process when he received the ball from Sead Kolašinac.
"As soon as I saw it (ball) coming in the air and saw the defender coming, I thought I just had to get a good connection, and luckily for me it went through the guy's leg with a bit of a deflection and went in.
"No, [this nutmeg] wasn't on purpose, I promise," the amiable winger stressed.
Arsenal will now turn their attention to the Europa League as they play BATE Borisov in the Round of 32 stages.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football