Hertha Berlin Loanee Eligible For Nigeria Making Waves At Royal Excel MouscronPublished: February 11, 2019
Berlin-born central midfielder of Nigerian descent, Sidney Friede is having a promising start to his career at Belgian First Division A club Royal Excel Mouscron.
The 20-year-old was snapped up by Royal Excel Mouscron on loan from German Bundesliga club Hertha BSC on January 17 and he has forced his way into the starting line-up so quickly.
Friede has started and gone the distance in the last three matches contested by Royal Excel Mouscron in the Belgian topflight, scoring two goals, most recently in the 2-1 win at Gent on Sunday.
If he continues his fine form, there could be a three way tug of war for his services as he is eligible to represent the senior national teams of Germany, Nigeria and the United States.
Having said that, the German Football Association are currently in the driving seat as he has earned 14 caps in total for their U18, U19 and U20 teams.
Friede became provisionally cap-tied to the Germans after making his competitive debut for the U19s in a UEFA EURO U19 Championship Qualifier against Cyprus on March 23, 2017.
The statistics show Friede can score goals as well as assist despite being a central midfielder, having contributed to 47 goals in 123 appearances for Hertha Berlin's youth teams in the last six years.
Photo Credit : herthabsc.com
Football News 24/7
- Tottenham Hotspur, Southampton Interested In Signing Former Super Eagles Invitee
- Super Eagles Star Moses Simon Scores On Nantes Debut, Which Siasia Did Not Achieve
- Nigerian Prodigy Scores First Competitive Goal For Manchester United Youth
- Leicester Boss Confirms : Ndidi Picked Up Hamstring Injury Vs Chelsea, To Miss At Least Two Games
- EFL : Eze, Ejaria Show Why Rohr Must Keep An Eye On Them; Ameobi Assists; Etebo, Odubajo Lose; Ajayi & West Brom Draw
- One Reason Why Tomori Could Win The Fight Against Two Experienced Defenders
- Chelsea Boss Lampard Reveals Reason Behind Tammy Abraham's Goal Celebration Vs Norwich
- EPL Wrap: Abraham Opens Chelsea Account; Balogun, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Saka, Success Not In 18; Tomori Benched
- Former Watford Teenage Sensation Receives First Ever Call-Up To Nigeria National Team
- Iwobi Denied Debut Goal By The Woodwork As Everton Lose To Aston Villa
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football