Gent To Pay Penalty To Liverpool For Not Starting Awoniyi In 70 Percent Of Their MatchesPublished: February 12, 2019
Belgian First Division A team Gent will have to pay a penalty to Premier League side Liverpool for not naming Taiwo Awoniyi in the starting line-up in at least seventy percent of their matches during his loan spell at De Buffalo's.
The former Nigeria U20 international started 35.7 percent of the matches contested by Gent before sealing a move to Royal Excel Mouscron in the January transfer window.
Awoniyi made only five starts from a possible 21 in the Belgian topflight, four out of four in the Europa League qualifying rounds and started once in the Belgian Cup.
''We have given him enough chances. He started eight times with us,'' Gent manager Michel Louwagie told VISTA!
''There was also a 'penalty' in the agreement: if he did not start in 70% of the matches, we had to pay that penalty, so we have to pay for it.
''We have done everything to make him succeed. I think Taiwo works better in a system with two strikers. That was the case in the cup match against Virton and things went better''.
Awoniyi has been directly involved in 4 goals (3 goals, 1 assist) since his return to Royal Excel Mouscron.
Football News 24/7
- Hoogewerf Makes Full Debut As Manchester United Suffer First League Loss At All Levels
- Done Deal : Scottish Champions Celtic Sign Talented Nigerian Striker
- New Aston Villa Signing Udanoh Center Of Three-Wag Tug Of War Between Nigeria, England & USA
- Chelsea Fan Peter Psquare Watches Chukwueze Open His Account For The Season In Spain
- Everton Winger Alex Iwobi Names Nigeria Legend As His Childhood Hero
- Nigerian Exports : Villarreal's Chukwueze, Bordeaux's Maja, Wycombe Wanderers' Onyedinma Score For Clubs
- Aston Villa Beat Liverpool, West Ham, Wolves To The Signing Of Promising Center Back
- Celtic, Rangers, West Ham Battling To Sign Nigerian Winger From Chelsea
- Fortuna Düsseldorf's Okoye Battling To Be Fit For Friendly Vs Ukraine After Operation
- Arsenal's Nigerian Fans React To Dani Ceballos' Masterclass Display Vs Burnley
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football