Confirmed: Tottenham Watch 'Nigerian Eden Hazard' Score Two Goals, Win Penalty For Watford In FAYCPublished: February 13, 2019
'Nigerian Eden Hazard' Jayden Bennetts was the star of the show as Watford sealed their place in the quarterfinals of the FA Youth Cup following their 4-1 rout of Ipswich Town on Tuesday evening.
Watford confirmed during the game staged at Wingate & Finchley FC that Tottenham Hotspur scout David Pleat was in the crowd for the FA Youth Cup tie, and must have taken down plenty of notes after an all-action first half.
Bennetts and Nigerian-born midfielder Emmanuel Adebiyi were named in the starting line-up and both went the distance for the Hornets.
The Nigeria U20 invitee broke the deadlock when he smashed home from 20 yards with his left foot in the fifth minute.
It was 3-0 Watford after 25 minutes, thanks to skipper Ryan Cassidy who converted a spot kick after Bennetts was brought down in the box by Scott, before Hughes reduced the deficit on 34 minutes.
Twenty minutes into the second half, the Flying Eagles hopeful effectively ended the game as a contest when he scored his second goal of the game.
Jayden's elder brother, Keanan Bennetts, was on the books of Tottenham Hotspur before switching to German outfit Borussia Moenchengladbach last summer.
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football