Fenerbahce Coach Explains Why Victor Moses Was Substituted At Half-Time In Istanbul DerbyPublished: February 27, 2019
Fenerbahce coach Ersun Yanal has refused to criticize Victor Moses over his performance in the first half against Besiktas in the Istanbul derby on Monday night.
In truth, Moses struggled for the first time since his arrival in Turkey but the Yellow Canaries gaffer has defended the Chelsea loanee, saying it was a tactical decision to change the left winger.
Fenerbahce scored three goals in the space of 12 minutes in the second half as they came from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with Besiktas at Vodafone Park
''Football is a team sport, my speech at half-time was not the only reason. Everybody mush show a reaction,'' Yanal said to Fenerbahce's official website.
'We have players with international experience, we need them to react. I did not bring Moses or Isla out of the game because they played badly, the team needed a change''.
Moses has yet to go the distance in a Turkish Super Lig match since he debuted off the bench against Yeni Malatyaspor.
Photo Credit : fenerbahce.org
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football