Bukayo Saka's Premier League Record Still Intact After Debut By Man Utd ProdigyPublished: February 28, 2019
Bukayo Saka's Premier League record is still intact despite Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer handing a debut to talented midfielder James Garner in his side's 3-1 win at Crystal Palace on Wednesday night.
The Nigerian winger made his Premier League debut aged 17 years, 3 months and 27 days in a 4-1 win against Fulham on January 1, 2019, becoming the first player born in 2001 to debut in the English top flight in the process.
Born in 2001 too, Garner was aged 17 years, 11 months and 14 days when he stepped out onto the pitch against the Eagles, meaning he was older than the Hale End Academy product when he made his debut.
Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi is the third youngest player to feature in this season's Premier League at 18 years 1 month and 19 days followed by Tottenham Hotspur's Oliver Skipp (18 years, 2 months and 19 days) and Southampton's Kayne Ramsay (18 years, 2 months and 20 days).
The absolute Nigerian record is held by Joel Asoro who was aged 17 years, 3 months and 25 days when he came on in the 81st minute of Sunderland's 2-1 loss to Middlesbrough on August 21, 2016.
Saka has not featured for the Gunners in the Premier League since he etched his name into the history books.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Osimhen Has A Big Opportunity To Move To An EPL Club' - Rohr On Chelsea, Tottenham Target
- Former Manchester City Midfielder Not Joining Faroese Champions KI Klaksvik
- 'Kanu Spoke To My Dad' - English-Born Tottenham Young Star Open To Representing Nigeria
- Kayserispor's Uzodinma Eyes Dream Move To Chelsea, Hails Role Model Kante
- Marcus Rashford Congratulates Ighalo On Signing New Manchester United Loan Deal
- Keep Or Sell : Former Chelsea Defender Aina Has Thirteen Games To Prove Himself
- 'We Like Him' - Rohr Hints At Call-Up For Liverpool's Ex-England U20 World Cup-Winning Midfielder
- Official : Manchester United Wrap Up Nigerian Striker Loan Extension
- Rohr Using Technology To Monitor Fitness Of Super Eagles Goalkeeper Uzoho
- Rohr Reveals What May Delay Ehizibue's Super Eagles Debut; Confident Of Luring QPR Stars
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football