Promising Nigerian Winger Makes Manchester United U18 Debut 80 Days After Creating HistoryPublished: March 02, 2019
Promising Nigerian winger Shola Shoretire made his competitive debut for Manchester United U18s as they were held to a 2-2 draw by West Brom in the U18 Premier League on Saturday afternoon.
His maiden appearance in the U18 Premier League comes 80 days after he etched his name into the history books by becoming the youngest player to feature in the UEFA Youth League.
Shoretire was thrown into the fray by manager Neil Ryan in the 68th minute at the Aon Training Complex.
United striker Mipo Odubeko retained his spot in the starting line-up against the Baggies after netting on his debut last weekend and was comfortable playing against older players, having gone the distance for the second game in a row.
He looked lively and came close to scoring on two occasions but was denied by the goalkeeper while his other effort deflected narrowly wide.
There's every indication that Odubeko will sign a new United deal in the summer while Shoretire becomes eligible for a scholarship on July 1, 2020.
McGhee gave United the lead just before half-time, Gilbert restored parity on the hour mark, then Brown netted an own goal in the 73rd minute before Gilbert struck again the closing minutes to salvage a draw for the visitors.
Photo Credit : supercupni.com
Football News 24/7
- Man City's Dele-Bashiru Starts, Bournemouth's Ofoborh Bench As Nigeria Annouce Starting XI Vs Qatar U20
- The Best Young Talents In La Liga : Villarreal's Chukwueze Joins Barca's Dembele, Real Madrid's Vinicius Jr. On 12-Man List
- 2019 U20 World Cup: Senegal Star Delighted To Break Odiaka's 34-Year-Old Record
- Ex-Flying Eagles Striker Warns Aigbogun's Team Of Tricky Opener Vs Qatar; Scared of Ukraine
- Manchester United Set To Part Company With Nigeria-Eligible Fullback
- Three Players To Watch Out For As Flying Eagles Begin Their World Cup Campaign
- How Nigeria Have Fared Previously In The FIFA U20 World Cup
- Manchester United On Brink Of Deal For Ajax Nigerian Wonderkid
- U20 World Cup : Senegal's Sagna Breaks Monday Odiaka's 34-Year-Old Record For Fastest Goal
- 2019 U20 World Cup: NFF Reveal The Four Defenders Likely To Start Against Qatar
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football