EPL Wrap: Iwobi Forces Fine Save From Lloris; Balogun Missing; Billing Goes 90; Solanke In The StandsPublished: March 02, 2019
A round-up of Nigerian players that were in action for their respective clubs in the English Premier League on Saturday, March 2.
At Wembley, Alex Iwobi went the distance as Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur played out a nervy 1-1 draw.
Four minutes before half-time, the Hale End Academy product came close to doubling the advantage when he cut in from the left and forced Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris to make a good save with a curling shot.
Harry Kane scored from the spot in the 74th minute to cancel out Aaron Ramsey's first half strike.
Over to the Vitality Stadium, Jordon Ibe was named in Bournemouth's match day 18 against the champions Manchester City. Teammate Dominic Solanke is recovering from a thigh injury and watched the game from the stands.
The former Liverpool winger came off the bench in the 83rd minute for his 16th appearance in the top flight.
City secured all three points thanks to Riyad Mahrez's strike nine minutes into the second half.
At the American Express Community Stadium, Florin Andone's 79th minute goal was enough for Brighton & Hove to secure three points against Philip Billing's Huddersfield Town.
Leon Balogun is undergoing rehabilitation after suffering a shoulder injury and was not involved for the Seagulls while the Danish U21 star went the distance for the visitors.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses Earns Team Of The Week Honours In Turkey
- Chelsea Hero Nevin On Abraham : Chelsea Fans Showed Their True Colours Vs Leicester City
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Central Defenders Named To Official Major League Soccer Team of the Week
- Confirmed : Former Nigeria U23 Captain Joins Albanian Side FK Kukesi
- Chelsea Coach Lampard Watches Anjorin Score Against Liverpool In Premier League 2
- Chelsea Loanee Moses Scores And Assists For Fenerbahce With Cotton Wool In Left Ear
- Official : U17 World Cup Winner Kingsley Michael Extends Bologna Contract
- Joe Aribo : Super Eagles To Benefit From Steven Gerrard's Experience
- Nigeria Battling It Out With England For Promising Chelsea Goalkeeper
- Arsenal Free-kick Specialist Receives Maiden Call-Up To Nigeria National Team
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football