Nigerian Striker Opens Season Account For Arsenal U23s In Four Goal-Thriller Vs SwanseaPublished: March 04, 2019
Prolific Nigerian striker Folarin Balogun opened his goalscoring account for Arsenal U23s in the 2018-19 campaign as they fought back from two goals down to earn a 2-2 draw with Swansea City in a Premier League 2 clash at Meadow Park on Monday night.
Promising wingers Bukayo Saka and Xavier Amaechi started for the Gunners while goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo, Tobi Omole and Balogun were named on the bench.
The visitors scored two goals in quick succession in first-half injury time through Liam Cullen and Matthew Blake.
Saka and Amaechi were full of running in the opening forty-five minutes plus eight minutes of injury time but could not find the target.
Balogun, introduced immediately after the interval, started the comeback when his deflected strike from 20 yards beat goalkeeper Zabret in the 83rd minute before Arsenal got their equaliser three minutes later.
The 17-year-old has now scored 20 goals in all competitions for Arsenal's youth teams this term, including 16 goals for the U18s in the U18 Premier League.
Today's result left Freddie Ljungberg's side on 24 points from 17 games, one behind and Chelsea and Liverpool.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Ace Comedian AY: 2019 AFCON May Not Be Easy For Super Eagles
- Grealish Reveals He Advised Abraham To Turn Down Wolves In January
- Official : Tom Adeyemi Released By Ipswich Town
- La Liga Clubs Also In For Bayern Munich Target Amaechi; German Clubs Keeping Tabs On Saka
- Bournemouth, Crystal Palace Join Southampton In Race For Everton Winger Of Nigerian Descent
- Official : Ex-Arsenal Goalkeeper Idem Negotiating New Deal With Macclesfield Town
- The Flying Eagles Hotel In Katowice Where The Cheapest Room Costs N52,000 But Fully Booked..
- FIFA U20 World Cup : Italian-Born GK Dubbed The 'New Joe Hart' Hopeful Of Good Outing For Flying Eagles
- Former Super Eagles Coach Bonfrere: Nigerians Must Respect Rohr's Choices Of Players For AFCON Duty
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football