Leicester City, Juventus, Ajax Among 20 Clubs That Watched 'New Onuachu' Vs Manchester United U19Published: March 14, 2019
Nigerian striker Jibril Abubakar put himself in the shop window when FC Midtjylland became the first Danish side to reach the quarterfinals of the UEFA Youth League courtesy of their 3-1 win against Manchester United on Wednesday afternoon.
According to Danish newspaper Herning Folkeblad, representatives from twenty clubs were among the 6,013 spectators at the MCH Arena (Herning), an attendance record for a fixture involving Midtjylland youth teams.
Clubs like Hertha Berlin, Eintracht Frankfurt, RB Leipzig, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Ajax, Leicester City and Juventus had a man present to run the rule over some of the exciting young talents in Europe.
The 1.93 meters tall center forward Abubakar showed off his physical attributes though he committed up to seven fouls and didn't receive a card throughout the 86 minutes he spent on the pitch.
Dubbed the new Paul Onuachu, the 19-year-old has made six appearances in this season's UEFA Youth League and played 13 games in the U19 Boys League, scoring four goals.
FC Midtjylland's reward for beating Manchester United is a meeting with Porto in the last eight.
Photo Credit : fcm.dk
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Coach Rohr Receives Good News From Italy Ahead Of Brazil Friendly
- Super Eagles Lose One Place In Latest FIFA Ranking, Now 34th In The World
- Brazil To Announce Squad For Nigeria Friendly Friday, Liverpool Star Definitely Out
- Chelsea In Talks With Nigerian Duo Over New Five-Year Contracts
- Femi Azeez Joins Reading; Younger Brother To Sign New Arsenal Deal On Friday
- England, Nigeria Or Uganda? Arsenal Young Star Reveals National Team He Wants To Represent
- Nigerian Winger Rescues Draw For Manchester United In Friendly Against Hertha Berlin II
- Why Lookman Did Not Feature In RB Leipzig's 2-1 Victory Over Benfica
- Arsenal Goalkeeper Ejeheri Targets October Return From Injury
- UCL Wrap : Club Brugge's Okereke, Dennis Start In Goalless Draw; Lokomotiv's Idowu Cameo, Dinamo's Iyayi Benched
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football