Three Nigerian Wonderkids Named In Arsenal First-Team Squad For Trip To DubaiPublished: March 21, 2019
Three promising Nigerian teenagers have been included in Arsenal's first-team squad for a warm weather training camp in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
With several players away on international duty, including Alex Iwobi and Bukayo Saka, manager Unai Emery has promoted academy stars Arthur Okonkwo, Xavier Amaechi and James Olayinka to the first team.
Amaechi's inclusion in the traveling party suggests that he has withdrawn from the England U18 squad ahead of their matches against Japan, Czech Republic and Mexico.
Folarin Balogun is in Dubai but with the England U18 squad and was on target in their 4-1 rout of Japan on Wednesday.
Having trained with the first team in the past, the 22-goal striker would have been in contention to travel with the first team but for international duty.
Winger Xavier Amaechi has caught the eye since recovering from a foot injury, having contributed to 5 goals in 8 appearances for Arsenal's youth teams, while midfielder Olayinka has forced his way into the U23 squad this season at the age of 18.
The three aforementioned Nigerian teenagers have signed professional contracts with Arsenal and could make their non-competitive debut for the Gunners when they take on Al-Nasr Dubai SC at Al Maktoum Stadium on March 26.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football