Forget Higuain; This Youngster is The Solution to Chelsea's Attacking ProblemsPublished: March 26, 2019
This season has been one to forget for Chelsea fans and their manager Maurizio Sarri, who is working with an English club for the first time in his managerial career.
The Italian manager started the campaign on fine note as he led the Blues to 18 unbeaten games in all competitions, but he couldn't maintain the tempo for a long period of time.
He suffered his first defeat of the season to Tottenham, and that was the start of Chelsea's unimpressive run of form.
The strikers became wasteful in front of goal, while the midfielders - especially Jorginho and Kante - failed to live up to expectations.
Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud couldn't provide the goals needed by the team to win matches, which forced Maurizio Sarri to search for urgent solution during the January transfer window.
Sarri eventually captured the services of former Real Madrid star Gonzalo Higuain on a loan deal in January, hoping the Argentinian will solve the goalscoring problems rocking his team.
Higuain's presence at Stamford Bridge has done little or nothing to improve the Blues problem. He has scored just three goals after featuring in seven Premier League matches.
Having seen how woeful Alvaro Morata (before his loan move to Atletico Madrid) and Olivier Giroud have been throughout this season, Maurizio Sarri will need to consider 21-goal hero Tammy Abraham as the best solution to his problems next season.
Abraham revealed to media some weeks back that his prime target is to be part of Sarri's team for next season, hence, the manager shouldn't worry about the player's commitment.
The 21-year-old will surely add more spark to the team, and his partnership with Eden Hazard will be too handful for many Premier League defenders to cope with.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football