Liverpool's Nigerian-Born Winger Attracting Interest From Barcelona, LazioPublished: March 27, 2019
Liverpool's Nigerian-born winger Bobby Adekanye has revealed that Spanish powerhouse Barcelona are among the European clubs interested in signing him in the summer transfer window.
The Netherlands U20 international is set to walk away from Anfield as a free agent in the next three months after refusing to put pen to paper on a fresh three-year deal as he was not guaranteed first-team opportunities.
Adekanye was on the books of Barcelona for three years but was forced to depart Spain in 2014 after FIFA ruled that he was not properly signed, with the club breaching article 19 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.
''It is not at all the case that I have agreed with Lazio. Friends also send me photos and messages, like: are you going there? No, it's not over yet. It is one of the clubs that is interested, but it is not yet 100% decided,'' said Adekanye to Voetbalzone.
''I also heard from Barcelona, in the Netherlands Willem II made itself heard. I can't name the entire list of clubs now, because I could continue until tomorrow but there is interest from, among others, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain.
''In the summer I am going to talk about it with my family and agent Junior Minguella, I am not worried that I have no club.
''The future looks good, I just have to make a good choice and I am confident that it will work out. ''
Adekanye, 20, previously turned out for VV Alphia, Ajax Amsterdam and PSV Eindhoven prior to his move to Liverpool in July 2015.
Football News 24/7
- Mikel Receives Praise From First Club He Represented In His Career
- Chelsea Striker Ike Ugbo Looks Destined For Another Loan Spell
- Chelsea Wonderkid Named After Colombia Hero Faustino Asprilla Scores An Absolute Beauty Vs Bournemouth U18
- Official : West Brom Snap Up Former Arsenal U23 Skipper Ajayi
- Bournemouth Coach Howe Running The Rule Over Nigeria U20 Star In Barcelona
- Official : Sheyi Ojo's Cousin Signs New Deal With Southampton
- Nigerian Transfers You Might Have Missed During The AFCON Including Five Super Eagles Stars
- AFCON 2019 Top Scorer Ighalo Brings The Curtain Down On His International Career
- Why Arsenal's Olayinka Must Prefer A Loan Move Despite Handed Pre-season Chance by Emery
- Done Deal : Southampton Sign Highly-Rated Nigerian Striker From Anderlecht
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football