Liverpool's Nigerian-Born Winger Attracting Interest From Barcelona, LazioPublished: March 27, 2019
Liverpool's Nigerian-born winger Bobby Adekanye has revealed that Spanish powerhouse Barcelona are among the European clubs interested in signing him in the summer transfer window.
The Netherlands U20 international is set to walk away from Anfield as a free agent in the next three months after refusing to put pen to paper on a fresh three-year deal as he was not guaranteed first-team opportunities.
Adekanye was on the books of Barcelona for three years but was forced to depart Spain in 2014 after FIFA ruled that he was not properly signed, with the club breaching article 19 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.
''It is not at all the case that I have agreed with Lazio. Friends also send me photos and messages, like: are you going there? No, it's not over yet. It is one of the clubs that is interested, but it is not yet 100% decided,'' said Adekanye to Voetbalzone.
''I also heard from Barcelona, in the Netherlands Willem II made itself heard. I can't name the entire list of clubs now, because I could continue until tomorrow but there is interest from, among others, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain.
''In the summer I am going to talk about it with my family and agent Junior Minguella, I am not worried that I have no club.
''The future looks good, I just have to make a good choice and I am confident that it will work out. ''
Adekanye, 20, previously turned out for VV Alphia, Ajax Amsterdam and PSV Eindhoven prior to his move to Liverpool in July 2015.
Football News 24/7
- SC Heerenveen Turn Down Eight Million Euros Bid From Chinese Club For Ejuke
- Official : Nigerian Federation President Confirms Rohr Will Stay On As Super Eagles Coach
- Photo Confirmation Of Nigerian Midfielder's Progress At Real Madrid
- Italian Football Pundit Cites Barcelona, Atletico Madrid Players As He Questions Osimhen's Price Tag
- Dusseldorf-Born GK On Why He Chose Nigeria Over Germany; Admiration For Enyeama
- Livescore Results Of The Latest Confrontations
- Glasgow Celtic Tipped As Frontrunners to Sign Former Liverpool Winger
- Wolverhampton Wanderers, Sheffield United-Linked Midfielder Yusuf Extends IFK Goteborg Contract
- 'It Was A Weird Feeling' - Super Eagles' Iwobi On Historic Goal Against England At Wembley
- Heerenveen Dazzler Ejuke Admits He Felt Bad After Missing Out On Dream Move To Liverpool
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football