Liverpool's Nigerian-Born Winger Attracting Interest From Barcelona, LazioPublished: March 27, 2019
Liverpool's Nigerian-born winger Bobby Adekanye has revealed that Spanish powerhouse Barcelona are among the European clubs interested in signing him in the summer transfer window.
The Netherlands U20 international is set to walk away from Anfield as a free agent in the next three months after refusing to put pen to paper on a fresh three-year deal as he was not guaranteed first-team opportunities.
Adekanye was on the books of Barcelona for three years but was forced to depart Spain in 2014 after FIFA ruled that he was not properly signed, with the club breaching article 19 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.
''It is not at all the case that I have agreed with Lazio. Friends also send me photos and messages, like: are you going there? No, it's not over yet. It is one of the clubs that is interested, but it is not yet 100% decided,'' said Adekanye to Voetbalzone.
''I also heard from Barcelona, in the Netherlands Willem II made itself heard. I can't name the entire list of clubs now, because I could continue until tomorrow but there is interest from, among others, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain.
''In the summer I am going to talk about it with my family and agent Junior Minguella, I am not worried that I have no club.
''The future looks good, I just have to make a good choice and I am confident that it will work out. ''
Adekanye, 20, previously turned out for VV Alphia, Ajax Amsterdam and PSV Eindhoven prior to his move to Liverpool in July 2015.
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football