This 15-Goal Striker Might Regret Turning Down Tottenham In January Transfer WindowPublished: March 27, 2019
Josh Maja, 20, was in the most prolific form of his career with Sunderland during the first half of this season as he constantly found the back of the net in the EFL League One.
His goalscoring form caught Mauricio Pochettino's eye and the Tottenham manager reportedly made a move for his signature in January transfer market.
According to a report that emanated via Express in January, the Argentine manager was more than willing to lure the striker to North London.
Surprisingly, the former Super Eagles trainee snubbed a move to Tottenham and went on to seal a move to French Ligue 1 side Bordeaux before the January transfer window closed for business.
Two months after signing a four-and-half-year contract, Maja hasn't hit the ground running and it's looking he made a wrong decision by joining Paulo Sousa's side.
Maja, who already scored 15 goals before leaving the Stadium of Light for an undisclosed fee, is yet to open his goalscoring account for Bordeaux.
Regular game-time isn't guaranteed for the youngster. He has featured in just five Ligue 1 matches and his future with the team doesn't look bright.
Though joining Tottenham doesn't guarantee a permanent spot in Pochettino's team either, but Maja will surely have the opportunity to learn many attacking skills from one of the world's deadliest strikers Harry Kane.
As much as it is too early to criticize Maja's switch to Bordeaux, it won't be out of place to say that the youngster has made a huge decision that will surely have a massive impact on his career in the nearest future.
Photo Credit : girondins.com
Football News 24/7
- Mikel Receives Praise From First Club He Represented In His Career
- Chelsea Striker Ike Ugbo Looks Destined For Another Loan Spell
- Chelsea Wonderkid Named After Colombia Hero Faustino Asprilla Scores An Absolute Beauty Vs Bournemouth U18
- Official : West Brom Snap Up Former Arsenal U23 Skipper Ajayi
- Bournemouth Coach Howe Running The Rule Over Nigeria U20 Star In Barcelona
- Official : Sheyi Ojo's Cousin Signs New Deal With Southampton
- Nigerian Transfers You Might Have Missed During The AFCON Including Five Super Eagles Stars
- AFCON 2019 Top Scorer Ighalo Brings The Curtain Down On His International Career
- Why Arsenal's Olayinka Must Prefer A Loan Move Despite Handed Pre-season Chance by Emery
- Done Deal : Southampton Sign Highly-Rated Nigerian Striker From Anderlecht
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football