This 15-Goal Striker Might Regret Turning Down Tottenham In January Transfer WindowPublished: March 27, 2019
Josh Maja, 20, was in the most prolific form of his career with Sunderland during the first half of this season as he constantly found the back of the net in the EFL League One.
His goalscoring form caught Mauricio Pochettino's eye and the Tottenham manager reportedly made a move for his signature in January transfer market.
According to a report that emanated via Express in January, the Argentine manager was more than willing to lure the striker to North London.
Surprisingly, the former Super Eagles trainee snubbed a move to Tottenham and went on to seal a move to French Ligue 1 side Bordeaux before the January transfer window closed for business.
Two months after signing a four-and-half-year contract, Maja hasn't hit the ground running and it's looking he made a wrong decision by joining Paulo Sousa's side.
Maja, who already scored 15 goals before leaving the Stadium of Light for an undisclosed fee, is yet to open his goalscoring account for Bordeaux.
Regular game-time isn't guaranteed for the youngster. He has featured in just five Ligue 1 matches and his future with the team doesn't look bright.
Though joining Tottenham doesn't guarantee a permanent spot in Pochettino's team either, but Maja will surely have the opportunity to learn many attacking skills from one of the world's deadliest strikers Harry Kane.
As much as it is too early to criticize Maja's switch to Bordeaux, it won't be out of place to say that the youngster has made a huge decision that will surely have a massive impact on his career in the nearest future.
Photo Credit : girondins.com
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football