Leicester Boss Disagrees With Rohr : Iheanacho Is A Good Boy, He's Competing With VardyPublished: March 29, 2019
Leicester City manager, Brendan Rodgers has leapt to the defense of his troubled striker, Kelechi Iheanacho who has come under stern criticisms this season for perceived lack of professionalism by his national team handler, Gernot Rohr.
Though the Franco-German still reserves a soft spot for the U-17 World Cup winner judging by his latest comments during the international break, he has equally been forced to criticize him and question his commitment to the cause due to his struggles at the King Power this season.
However, Rodgers has revealed that much of that has changed, stating that the striker has looked really determined and hungry in their recent training sessions.
According to him, Iheanacho's tussle to break into City's first team has been done no good due to having to compete with one of the division's best marksman, Jamie Vardy who has scored 12 league goals.
"He has shown an appetite to learn. We have a culture where people want to come in and learn, and I feel he's bought into that", Rodgers said in a press briefing.
"It's difficult for him, he's competing with one of the best strikers in the league, and unless the system changes, it's difficult to see how that's going to change.
"But he's a good boy and when he gets the opportunity, he has to be ready to come in and make an impact."
The 22-year-old has found the back of the net just once in 25 Premier League outings (three assists) this season and will be looking for just his tenth start if his club manager decides to hand him a starting berth versus Bournemouth on Saturday.
Football News 24/7
- Manchester United On Brink Of Deal For Ajax Nigerian Wonderkid
- U20 World Cup : Senegal's Sagna Breaks Monday Odiaka's 34-Year-Old Record For Fastest Goal
- 2019 U20 World Cup: NFF Reveal The Four Defenders Likely To Start Against Qatar
- 'It Became Obvious I Was Not In The Manager's Plans'- Moses Explains Why He Left Chelsea In January
- Ex-Watford, Crystal Palace Trialists Sign New Deals With EFL Club Morecambe
- Bournemouth's Ofoborh Picks Up Wisdom From U20 World Cup Winner Solanke
- Bournemouth Willing To Flog Leicester City-Linked Winger Ibe
- 'Is It U20 Or U40 World Cup?' - NFF Facing A Public Relations Crisis As Nigerians Question Ages Of Flying Eagles Players
- Race For 'Nigerian Golden Shoe' : Osimhen Is The Man To Beat (Top Six Players)
- Rangers Working On Deal To Sign Liverpool Winger Of Nigerian Descent
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football