EPL Wrap : Ndidi Superb; Iheanacho Cameo; Billing Relegated; Success Assists; Balogun Not In 18; Solanke Subbed InPublished: March 30, 2019
A round-up of Nigerian players that were in action for their respective clubs in the English Premier League on Saturday, March 30.
Nigerian players with dual nationalities and have played competitively for the senior national teams of other countries have been omitted.
At the American Express Community Stadium, Super Eagles defender Leon Balogun presumably watched the game from the stands as Brighton & Hove lost 1-0 to Southampton
Pierre Hojbjerg's finish inside the box secured all three points for the visitors.
Denmark U21 international Philip Billing was not in the match day squad as Huddersfield Town lost their Premier League status after they were beaten by Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
Luka Milivojevic opened the scoring in the 76th minute from the spot before Patrick Van Aanholt gave the Eagles a two-goal buffer with two minutes remaining.
Elsewhere, at the King Power Stadium, Wilfred Ndidi impressed as Leicester City claimed a 2-0 win vs Bournemouth, going the distance for the 31st time this season.
Eleven minutes into the contest, Wes Morgan scored his third goal in four Premier League appearances; Jamie Vardy extended Leicester City lead to 2 - 0 with a header in the 82nd minute.
While Kelechi Iheanacho replaced Vardy in the 90th minute, Bournemouth's number 29 Dominic Solanke played the last 26 minutes and Jordon Ibe was a non-playing substitute.
At Old Trafford, Manchester United registered a hard-fought 2-1 win against Isaac Success's Watford.
Against the run of play, Marcus Rashford scored the first goal under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as permanent manager on 28 minutes and Anthony Martial's bundled effort in the 72nd minute gave the Red Devils a 2-0 lead.
The Hornets got one back through Abdoulaye Doucoure in the 90th minute, with Isaac Success who was introduced in the 81st minute providing the assist.
In the late kickoff, England U21 star Ademola Lookman is on the bench for Everton against West Ham at the London Stadium.
Photo Credit : afcb.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Manchester United On Brink Of Deal For Ajax Nigerian Wonderkid
- U20 World Cup : Senegal's Sagna Breaks Monday Odiaka's 34-Year-Old Record For Fastest Goal
- 2019 U20 World Cup: NFF Reveal The Four Defenders Likely To Start Against Qatar
- 'It Became Obvious I Was Not In The Manager's Plans'- Moses Explains Why He Left Chelsea In January
- Ex-Watford, Crystal Palace Trialists Sign New Deals With EFL Club Morecambe
- Bournemouth's Ofoborh Picks Up Wisdom From U20 World Cup Winner Solanke
- Bournemouth Willing To Flog Leicester City-Linked Winger Ibe
- 'Is It U20 Or U40 World Cup?' - NFF Facing A Public Relations Crisis As Nigerians Question Ages Of Flying Eagles Players
- Race For 'Nigerian Golden Shoe' : Osimhen Is The Man To Beat (Top Six Players)
- Rangers Working On Deal To Sign Liverpool Winger Of Nigerian Descent
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football