EFL : Abraham Nets 50th Career League Goal; Plymouth Argyle's Ladapo, Shrewsbury's Okenabirhie StrikePublished: March 30, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com's round-up of the Nigerian players who were on target for their respective EFL clubs on Saturday, March 30.
In the Championship, Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham netted his 50th career league goal at the age of 21 as Aston Villa recorded a 2-1 win against Blackburn Rovers at Villa Park.
All the league goals netted by the England U21 striker have come inside the box, 23 in the colours of Bristol City, 5 for Swansea City and 22 for Aston Villa so far this season.
Abraham tapped home in the ninth minute to give Aston Villa the lead. He was in action for 90 minutes.
A division lower, another Nigerian striker with an impressive scoring stats this season, Freddie Ladapo was on target as Plymouth Argyle surrendered a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 with Blackpool at Bloomfield Road.
On four minutes, the former Flying Eagles invitee opened the scoring when he converted a cross from a teammate, his 17th goal across all competitions.
Finally, one-time Nigeria Football Federation target Fejiri Okenabirhie has now contributed to 22 goals (15 goals, 7 assists) from 43 games in all competitions after finding the net for Shrewsbury Town in a 2-0 victory at Southend United.
Four minutes after the interval, the ex-Arsenal youth-teamer broke the deadlock with a brilliant finish from outside the box.
Photo Credit : avfc.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Bad Day At The Office For Paderborn's Collins As Dortmund's Sancho Sets New Bundesliga Record
- Newcastle United Interested In Queens Park Rangers' Star Of Nigerian Descent
- Lille Chief Confirms Spanish, English Clubs Have Bid For Barca, Real Madrid, Chelsea-Linked Striker Osimhen
- Fenerbahce Identify Club Brugge's Dennis As Replacement For Tottenham Hotspur Target
- Failed Pursuit Of Bournemouth Star : Super Eagles Coach Shares His Side Of The Story
- Manchester United On Brink Of Extending Ighalo's Loan; Striker Not Signing New Shanghai Shenhua Contract
- Manchester City Interested In Signing Chelsea-Linked Winger With N46B Release Clause
- Rohr Labels Bayern's Zirkzee 'A Fantastic Talent', Admits It Won't Be Easy For Nigeria To Lure Him
- Rohr Provides Update On Futures Of German-Born Nigeria Targets Uduokhai, Bazee,Torunarigha, Akpoguma
- Galatasaray's Onyekuru, Sekidika Given Clean Bill Of Health Ahead Of Resumption Of Super Lig
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football