EFL : Abraham Nets 50th Career League Goal; Plymouth Argyle's Ladapo, Shrewsbury's Okenabirhie StrikePublished: March 30, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com's round-up of the Nigerian players who were on target for their respective EFL clubs on Saturday, March 30.
In the Championship, Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham netted his 50th career league goal at the age of 21 as Aston Villa recorded a 2-1 win against Blackburn Rovers at Villa Park.
All the league goals netted by the England U21 striker have come inside the box, 23 in the colours of Bristol City, 5 for Swansea City and 22 for Aston Villa so far this season.
Abraham tapped home in the ninth minute to give Aston Villa the lead. He was in action for 90 minutes.
A division lower, another Nigerian striker with an impressive scoring stats this season, Freddie Ladapo was on target as Plymouth Argyle surrendered a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 with Blackpool at Bloomfield Road.
On four minutes, the former Flying Eagles invitee opened the scoring when he converted a cross from a teammate, his 17th goal across all competitions.
Finally, one-time Nigeria Football Federation target Fejiri Okenabirhie has now contributed to 22 goals (15 goals, 7 assists) from 43 games in all competitions after finding the net for Shrewsbury Town in a 2-0 victory at Southend United.
Four minutes after the interval, the ex-Arsenal youth-teamer broke the deadlock with a brilliant finish from outside the box.
Photo Credit : avfc.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Ace Comedian AY: 2019 AFCON May Not Be Easy For Super Eagles
- Grealish Reveals He Advised Abraham To Turn Down Wolves In January
- Official : Tom Adeyemi Released By Ipswich Town
- La Liga Clubs Also In For Bayern Munich Target Amaechi; German Clubs Keeping Tabs On Saka
- Bournemouth, Crystal Palace Join Southampton In Race For Everton Winger Of Nigerian Descent
- Official : Ex-Arsenal Goalkeeper Idem Negotiating New Deal With Macclesfield Town
- The Flying Eagles Hotel In Katowice Where The Cheapest Room Costs N52,000 But Fully Booked..
- FIFA U20 World Cup : Italian-Born GK Dubbed The 'New Joe Hart' Hopeful Of Good Outing For Flying Eagles
- Former Super Eagles Coach Bonfrere: Nigerians Must Respect Rohr's Choices Of Players For AFCON Duty
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football