Bordeaux Coach Plans To Copy Rohr's Tactics : Kalu Can Play Right Wing-back 3-4-3Published: April 04, 2019
New Bordeaux coach Paulo Sousa is planning to deploy Samuel Kalu as a right wing-back when he returns to full fitness.
Speaking at the pre-match press conference ahead of Friday's Ligue 1 match against Olympique de Marseille, Sousa confirmed that the Super Eagles star will not be available for selection, having failed to recover from a muscle injury.
Kalu is predominantly a right winger but is also comfortable playing as a left winger, right midfielder and second striker at club level.
Gernot Rohr had no choice but to use the Bordeaux number 10 as a right wing-back when the Super Eagles faced South Africa in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier back in November due to the absence of Abdullahi Shehu and Tyronne Ebuehi, and Sousa wants to borrow a page from the German.
''He can play in the right position in the 3-4-3 system, yes. He does that in selection, he does that, he can create and score goals, as he has done in Belgium already,'' Sousa told reporters.
''He can play two or three positions. However, he will not be present Friday, no.''
Kalu has featured in 30 games across all competitions for Bordeaux since transferring from Gent in the summer of 2018.
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football