1994 AFCON-Winning Defender Warns Super Eagles Against Complacency In Group B GamesPublished: April 14, 2019
1994 Africa Cup of Nations-winning defender Isaac Semitoje is cautiously optimistic that the Nigerian national team have the wherewithal to reach the latter stages of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations but has warned Gernot Rhor and his team to start strongly.
The Eagles will play Burundi, Madagascar and Guinea on June 22nd, 26th and 30th in their Group B matches in the city of Alexandria.
Semitoje spoke with allnigeriasoccer.com on his thoughts regarding Friday's draws.
"It's a good group for us (Nigeria) but we have to try and win all the group matches," the former international noted.
"On paper, the group is relatively easy because we have been grouped with two debutants but football is not like that. The Eagles must respect these teams because they qualified when some you expect would qualify didn't," Semitoje added.
The onetime Iwuanyanwu Nationale (now Heartland FC) defender also lauded the proposed friendlies to further prepare the Eagles for the tasks ahead.
"The friendlies against Ghana and Senegal are okay. They are quality teams whose competitiveness will be good for the Eagles," Semitoje concluded.
The Eagles will set up a camp site in Egypt according to information provided by head coach Gernot Rhor on Friday after the draw ceremony.
Football News 24/7
- 'Osimhen Has A Big Opportunity To Move To An EPL Club' - Rohr On Chelsea, Tottenham Target
- Former Manchester City Midfielder Not Joining Faroese Champions KI Klaksvik
- 'Kanu Spoke To My Dad' - English-Born Tottenham Young Star Open To Representing Nigeria
- Kayserispor's Uzodinma Eyes Dream Move To Chelsea, Hails Role Model Kante
- Marcus Rashford Congratulates Ighalo On Signing New Manchester United Loan Deal
- Keep Or Sell : Former Chelsea Defender Aina Has Thirteen Games To Prove Himself
- 'We Like Him' - Rohr Hints At Call-Up For Liverpool's Ex-England U20 World Cup-Winning Midfielder
- Official : Manchester United Wrap Up Nigerian Striker Loan Extension
- Rohr Using Technology To Monitor Fitness Of Super Eagles Goalkeeper Uzoho
- Rohr Reveals What May Delay Ehizibue's Super Eagles Debut; Confident Of Luring QPR Stars
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football