U17 AFCON : Golden Eaglets Coach & MOTM Tijani React To Win Against AngolaPublished: April 17, 2019
Nigeria are on the brink of sealing a place in the semifinals of the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations courtesy of their 1-0 win against Angola on Wednesday afternoon.
A lone goal from Olakunle Olusegun after 20 minutes was enough for the Golden Eaglets to secure all three points.
In his post-match interview, Nigeria U17s coach Manu Garba was quick to point out that the boys made some mistakes because of their inexperience.
He told reporters : ''I need to congratulate my players. Despite of many mistakes today but I congratulate them for the qualification.
''You know most of them this is their first international tournament but I am happy they did it well. Both teams created chances today but the score is the only difference.''
Collins Edwin SC midfielder Samson Tijani was delighted to be named Man of the Match.
''I am happy for being a man of the match today, and my happiness grew higher as we are almost through to the FIFA U-17 World Cup,'' he said.
In their final Group A match, the five-time world champions will tackle Uganda at the Chamazi Stadium, Mbagala on Saturday, April 20.
Photo Credit : cafonline.com
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football