Hammarby, IFK Norrkoping Risk FIFA Sanctions Over Illegal Signing Of Nigeria U17 Star Amoo, IshaqPublished: April 20, 2019
Two Swedish Allsvenskan clubs Hammarby IF and IFK Norrköping risk incurring the wrath of football's governing body, FIFA over their illegal signing of two Nigerian minors Akinkunmi Amoo and Ishaq Abdulrazaq, allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report.
One of the standout players for the current Golden Eaglets, Amoo is on the radar of clubs based in England, France and Austria but the interested teams have embarked on a wild goose chase as he has signed a preliminary contract with Hammarby IF.
Hammarby IF have reached a club-to-club agreement with Sidos FC Lagos for the attacking midfielder to join the Stockholm-based club.
They illegally signed Amoo and have put the papers in their own records to pull up when he turns 18 on June 7, 2020.
As for Abdulrazaq, the midfielder has confirmed himself that he penned a contract with IFK Norrköping, even before celebrating his sixteenth birthday, which is in violation of Article 19 of the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players under the age of 18.
It is confirmed that the former Nigeria U17 international signed a contract with IFK Norrköping more than a year ago after he was approached by a scout Torgeir Knutsen.
All paperwork has been signed, including club-to-club agreement between IFK Norrköping and Unity Academy, Kaduna, and the player's contract.
Stig Torbjornsen, a scout from Norrköping, was also in Nigeria to scout him before he was invited to Sweden in the last quarter of 2017.
It will be recalled that Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea have been handed transfer bans for breaching transfer rules in relation to the signing of underage players, and the two Swedish clubs are in danger of being sanctioned by FIFA.
Football News 24/7
- Iwobi Discusses That Sensational Goal Against Chelsea In Europa League Final
- Top Six Players Who Would Surely Get Their Chances With The Super Eagles After AFCON
- The Four Key Players In Super Eagles Africa Cup of Nations Squad
- The Eight Clubs Interested In Signing Former Arsenal Striker Aneke
- Confirmed : Scottish Giants Rangers Loan In Sheyi Ojo From Liverpool
- Official : Former Super Eagles Invitee Noah Bazee Joins FC Augsburg
- Leon Balogun Or Omeruo? Troost-Ekong Quizzed On His Best Defensive Partner
- Prolific Nigerian Striker Departs Manchester United, Rejects New Deal
- Five Nigerian Stars Linked With Moves To Premier League Clubs
- Super Eagles Hit By Sickness Bug; Hold First Training Session In Alexandria 1700 Hours
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football