Why Serie A Will Be A Good Move For Ex-Barcelona Wonderkid AdekanyePublished: April 21, 2019
It's no longer news that unsettled Liverpool youngster Bobby Adekanye turned down the chance to remain at Anfield beyond this season after rejecting the club's new contract offer.
The latest development concerning the former Barcelona youngster via Italian media outlet Calciomercato suggested that the 20-year-old Nigeria-eligible winger could be moving to Serie A side Lazio in the summer.
According to the media outlet, Bobby is 80% closer to sealing a deal with Lazio after having a heart-to-heart discussion with the club's manager and hierarchy.
Adekanye's reason to dump Liverpool for Lazio remains unclear to many Liverpool fans who believe that the Anfield Stadium is the best place to develop his talent just like Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez and Raheem Sterling who is now with Manchester City.
As much as Liverpool have a high rate at which youngsters graduate to the senior squad, a move out of the Merseyside side club looks like the best option for Adekanye.
His chances of earning a promotion to Jurgen Klopp's team in the upcoming season is in doubt as a result of many experienced players and in-form attack-minded players.
Choosing Lazio is equally a laudable decision because Serie A will provide him the best atmosphere to develop his game.
The Italian League isn't as physical as the Premier League, hence, Adekanye won't encounter too much stress or fatigue while in action for his interested suitor.
Though Lazio manager Simone Inzaghi has some attack-minded players under his watch, Adekanye has better opportunity to break into Lazio's first-team squad than Klopp's side.
Meanwhile, the winger will hope to emulate Ola Aina, who is enjoying regular first-team football with Torino after failing to break into Sarri's Chelsea side prior to the start of the season.
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football