Why Serie A Will Be A Good Move For Ex-Barcelona Wonderkid AdekanyePublished: April 21, 2019
It's no longer news that unsettled Liverpool youngster Bobby Adekanye turned down the chance to remain at Anfield beyond this season after rejecting the club's new contract offer.
The latest development concerning the former Barcelona youngster via Italian media outlet Calciomercato suggested that the 20-year-old Nigeria-eligible winger could be moving to Serie A side Lazio in the summer.
According to the media outlet, Bobby is 80% closer to sealing a deal with Lazio after having a heart-to-heart discussion with the club's manager and hierarchy.
Adekanye's reason to dump Liverpool for Lazio remains unclear to many Liverpool fans who believe that the Anfield Stadium is the best place to develop his talent just like Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez and Raheem Sterling who is now with Manchester City.
As much as Liverpool have a high rate at which youngsters graduate to the senior squad, a move out of the Merseyside side club looks like the best option for Adekanye.
His chances of earning a promotion to Jurgen Klopp's team in the upcoming season is in doubt as a result of many experienced players and in-form attack-minded players.
Choosing Lazio is equally a laudable decision because Serie A will provide him the best atmosphere to develop his game.
The Italian League isn't as physical as the Premier League, hence, Adekanye won't encounter too much stress or fatigue while in action for his interested suitor.
Though Lazio manager Simone Inzaghi has some attack-minded players under his watch, Adekanye has better opportunity to break into Lazio's first-team squad than Klopp's side.
Meanwhile, the winger will hope to emulate Ola Aina, who is enjoying regular first-team football with Torino after failing to break into Sarri's Chelsea side prior to the start of the season.
Football News 24/7
- Confirmed : 165-Cap International Departs Chelsea For VfL Wolfsburg
- Super Eagles Winger Chukwueze Among 80 Players Shortlisted For Golden Boy Award
- Starts For Iwobi, Omeruo; Aina Returns; Uzoho Debuts As Rohr Unveils Nigeria Starting XI Vs Tunisia
- Everton Winger Onyekuru Rejects Move To CSKA Moscow
- Spur's Onomah May Join Nigerian Golden Boy Nominee At Borussia Monchengladbach; Mainz, Augsburg, Frankfurt Also In The Mix
- Nigeria Team News Vs Tunisia: Rohr Hints Osimhen, Uzoho May Play; Mikel, Akepyi, Awaziem Out
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Whizkids React After Scoring First Professional Goals For Arsenal
- AFCON 2019: Mikel Among Three World-class Players Who Could Have Done Better In Egypt
- 'No 10. Is A Very Special Jersey To My Family' - Okocha's Nephew Iwobi Not Ruling Out Wearing Shirt Number
- How AFCON Participation Could Affect Iwobi's Chances At Arsenal Next Season
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football