The Deadly Goalscorer Golden Eaglets Are Searching For Is In Italy, Scores Against Juventus In PrimaveraPublished: April 23, 2019
Emmanuel Ekong, who is the son of retired Nigeria international Prince Ikpe Ekong, is having an excellent season at Empoli youth teams and made his full debut for The Blues in the Primavera this past weekend.
Born in Italy on June 25, 2002, Ekong is eligible to represent the national teams of Nigeria, Sweden and his country of birth.
The Nigeria U17s at the ongoing U17 Africa Cup of Nations have created chances upon chances but have failed to convert most of them in their first three games, with Wisdom Ubani and Olakunle Olusegun the most guilty culprits.
There is no reason why coach Manu Garba should not make a move for the services of the highly-rated Emmanuel Ekong now that the Golden Eaglets are guaranteed participation in the 2019 World Cup.
Ekong shone as Empoli thrashed Juventus 5-0 in a Primavera clash on Sunday and the highlight of his performance was scoring his team's third goal two minutes before halftime.
The 16-year-old has been a key member of Empoli's U17 team this season, netting 6 goals in 21 games and scored twice against FC Nordsjaelland U19s in last month's Viareggio Cup.
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football