Nigerian Players Abroad: Charlton's Aribo, Motherwell's Ariyibi, Sirius' Igbarumah, Slavia Prague's Olayinka ScorePublished: April 27, 2019
A round-up of the Nigerian players on target for foreign clubs in league matches on Saturday, April 27.
Joe Aribo remains focused despite speculation linking him with an exit from Charlton Athletic in the summer as the central midfielder helped the London team claim a 2-0 road win against Gillingham in an EFL League One tie at Priestfield Stadium.
In the 24th minute, Aribo picked his spot and fired the ball home to give the Addicks a one-goal cushion. It was his eighth goal of the season.
Still in the United Kingdom, former United States U23 international Gboly Ariyibi was on target for Motherwell as they registered a 4-3 win against Dundee at Fir Park.
The Nottingham Forest loanee gave The Well the lead for the first time in the game when he slotted his shot into the bottom corner to make it 3-2. It was his second league goal for the club he joined in the winter transfer market.
John Junior Igbarumah scored on his full Allsvenskan debut but could not prevent Sirius from suffering a 4-2 defeat at the hands of Elfsborg. He started brightly, scoring after two minutes.
In the Czech Liga, Slavia Prague maintained their four-point lead ahead of the additional final stage of the season after beating Sigma Olomouc 2-1 at the Sinobo Stadium.
Former Dream Team VII invitee Peter Olayinka scored his sixth goal of the season, which made the score even in the 26th minute.
Photo Credit : cafc.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football