Nigerian Players Abroad: Charlton's Aribo, Motherwell's Ariyibi, Sirius' Igbarumah, Slavia Prague's Olayinka ScorePublished: April 27, 2019
A round-up of the Nigerian players on target for foreign clubs in league matches on Saturday, April 27.
Joe Aribo remains focused despite speculation linking him with an exit from Charlton Athletic in the summer as the central midfielder helped the London team claim a 2-0 road win against Gillingham in an EFL League One tie at Priestfield Stadium.
In the 24th minute, Aribo picked his spot and fired the ball home to give the Addicks a one-goal cushion. It was his eighth goal of the season.
Still in the United Kingdom, former United States U23 international Gboly Ariyibi was on target for Motherwell as they registered a 4-3 win against Dundee at Fir Park.
The Nottingham Forest loanee gave The Well the lead for the first time in the game when he slotted his shot into the bottom corner to make it 3-2. It was his second league goal for the club he joined in the winter transfer market.
John Junior Igbarumah scored on his full Allsvenskan debut but could not prevent Sirius from suffering a 4-2 defeat at the hands of Elfsborg. He started brightly, scoring after two minutes.
In the Czech Liga, Slavia Prague maintained their four-point lead ahead of the additional final stage of the season after beating Sigma Olomouc 2-1 at the Sinobo Stadium.
Former Dream Team VII invitee Peter Olayinka scored his sixth goal of the season, which made the score even in the 26th minute.
Photo Credit : cafc.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Confirmed : 165-Cap International Departs Chelsea For VfL Wolfsburg
- Super Eagles Winger Chukwueze Among 80 Players Shortlisted For Golden Boy Award
- Starts For Iwobi, Omeruo; Aina Returns; Uzoho Debuts As Rohr Unveils Nigeria Starting XI Vs Tunisia
- Everton Winger Onyekuru Rejects Move To CSKA Moscow
- Spur's Onomah May Join Nigerian Golden Boy Nominee At Borussia Monchengladbach; Mainz, Augsburg, Frankfurt Also In The Mix
- Nigeria Team News Vs Tunisia: Rohr Hints Osimhen, Uzoho May Play; Mikel, Akepyi, Awaziem Out
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Whizkids React After Scoring First Professional Goals For Arsenal
- AFCON 2019: Mikel Among Three World-class Players Who Could Have Done Better In Egypt
- 'No 10. Is A Very Special Jersey To My Family' - Okocha's Nephew Iwobi Not Ruling Out Wearing Shirt Number
- How AFCON Participation Could Affect Iwobi's Chances At Arsenal Next Season
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football