Top Three Nigeria-Eligible Starlets USA Intend To Feature In 2019 World CupsPublished: May 07, 2019
The Flying Eagles continue their U-20 World Cup preparations in earnest as the time draws ever closer to the Poland competition which is expected to throw up a couple of trivias.
Also, the Golden Eaglets, by virtue of their finish at the U-17 AFCON are expected to be amongst the participating teams in the cadet world cup competition in Brazil.
It is, of course no secret that these kind of youth competitions had gone on to launch the careers of most note-worthy stars of the game today.
While the United States U-20 team will be facing Nigeria in the group stages in Poland, their U-17s are also expected to navigate their CONCACAF qualification series to feature at the World Cup.
Information gathered from authentic sources have strongly indicated that the USMT have mapped out plans to feature some Nigeria-eligible lads at the tournaments and we will take a brief look at these players thus,
Chituru Odunze: Aged just 16, Odunze could be the lad who mans the sticks for the USA U-17s at World Cup. The Vancouver Whitecaps goalkeeper has impressed for the MLS club youth teams and has been tipped to break into the first team set-up when he attains maturity.
He is well known for his brilliance in one-versus-one duels and incredible build and height at such a tender age gives him a great advantage in aerial battles.
Jonathan Amon: Amon's incredible rise to prominence with FC Nordsjaelland has earned him a lot of praise from both his club manager and country handler, Tabare Ramos and is one player that the United States faithfuls are longing to see strutting his stuff in Poland.
The fleet-footed winger has been described as a menace to watch when taking on opposing defences and would surely pose a couple of problems for Nigeria in their second group game in Poland if he is utilized.
Ayo Akinola: Ayo is another Nigeria-eligible player who could be on his way to the U-20 World Cup with the United States.
The Toronto FC striker posses the required skills to trouble defenders as he has shown with the club this season, of which has not escaped the notice of the country's youth handlers.
Blessed with blinding pace and the ability to find goals in the meanest of situations, the 19-year-old could be one of the players to watch in Poland.
It is understood he has set his sights at turning out with the United States at the World Cup this year though his senior future is still covered in mist.
Photo Credit : ussoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football