EPL Wrap : Iwobi Bags Two Assists; Ibe Scores; Ndidi Stars; Iheanacho, Success Benched; Lookman Subbed In; Balogun, Ofoborh Not In 18Published: May 12, 2019
How players of Nigerian descent eligible to represent the national teams fared on the final day of the 2018-2019 Premier League season.
Manchester City retained the title after thrashing Brighton & Hove 4-1 at the American Express Community Stadium.
Leon Balogun will report for international duty on June 2 lacking match fitness after the central defender was left out of the match day 18 yet again.
Glenn Murray opened the scoring for the home team on 27 minutes, Aguero equalised a minute later before goals from Aymeric Laporte, Riyad Mahrez and Ilkay Gundogan secured the title for Pep Guardiola's side.
Arsenal finished fifth with 70 points, a point behind rivals Tottenham Hotspur, after beating Burnley 3-1 at Turf Moor.
Alex Iwobi put in a full shift for the Gunners and provided the assists for the second and third goals netted by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Eddie Nketiah.
The Gabonese striker had opened the scoring six minutes into the second half. Ashley Barnes with the Clarets solitary goal on 65 minutes.
Jordon Ibe started and was in action for 70 minutes as Bournemouth were beaten 5-3 by Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
Teammate Nnamdi Ofoborh was not in the match day 18 after his return to England from the Flying Eagles camp in Germany.
The Cherries reduced the deficit to a single goal when Ibe made it 3-2 in the 56th minute with a deflected shot which beat the goalkeeper.
Michy Batshuayi's brace saw Crystal Palace establish a two-goal lead, an own goal from Jack Simpson made it 3-0, then Jefferson Lerma reduced the deficit just before half time.
Patrick Van Aanholt and Andros Townsend got the other goals for the Eagles; Joshua King with the away team's last goal of the season.
At the King Power Stadium, Wilfred Ndidi was on parade for 66 minutes as Leicester City were held to a goalless draw by Chelsea. Teammate Kelechi Iheanacho was a non-playing substitute.
Denmark U21 international Philip Billing was not in Huddersfield Town's 18 in their 1-1 draw with Southampton at St. Mary's Stadium.
Alex Pritchard made sure the points were shared when he got on the scoresheet nine minutes into the second half after Nathan Redmond gave the Saints a 41st minute lead.
England U21 star Ademola Lookman played the last 25 minutes of Everton's 2-2 draw against Tottenham Hotspur in London.
Eric Dier and Christian Eriksen scored for the Champions League finalists; Theo Walcott and Cenk Tosun for the visitors.
Finally, Isaac Success watched proceedings on the bench for the entirety of Watford's 4-1 loss to West Ham at Vicarage Road.
Mark Noble (2), Manuel Lanzini and Marko Arnautovic were on target for the Hammers, while Gerard Deulofeu got the Hornets consolation goal.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Bundesliga Wrap MD 28 : Awoniyi Starts; Ehizibue Subbed Out; Collins, Uduokhai Shine; Torunarigha Booked; Lookman Features
- SC Heerenveen Turn Down Eight Million Euros Bid From Chinese Club For Ejuke
- Official : Nigerian Federation President Confirms Rohr Will Stay On As Super Eagles Coach
- Photo Confirmation Of Nigerian Midfielder's Progress At Real Madrid
- Italian Football Pundit Cites Barcelona, Atletico Madrid Players As He Questions Osimhen's Price Tag
- Dusseldorf-Born GK On Why He Chose Nigeria Over Germany; Admiration For Enyeama
- Livescore Results Of The Latest Confrontations
- Glasgow Celtic Tipped As Frontrunners to Sign Former Liverpool Winger
- Wolverhampton Wanderers, Sheffield United-Linked Midfielder Yusuf Extends IFK Goteborg Contract
- 'It Was A Weird Feeling' - Super Eagles' Iwobi On Historic Goal Against England At Wembley
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football