Flying Eagles Camp News : Agent Makanjuola Bribes Officials; Why Man City, Watford, Everton Talents Refused To Bribe; Assist. Coach Petitions NFF On Aigbogun; Top Official Lands In GermanyPublished: May 13, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands the Nigeria Football Federation are set to announce the Flying Eagles roster for the 2019 World Cup any moment from now and it appears some roster spots will go to the highest bidder.
Already three promising players representing English Premier League clubs in the shape of Manchester City's Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Everton's Korede Adedoyin and Watford's Jayden Bennetts are not in contention to make the 21-man roster, having departed camp last week.
They have argued that they couldn't bribe the coaching staff because they spent a lot of money traveling to the training camp and the practice of bribery is alien to England, where they grew up.
Using the England U20 team as a case study, manager Paul Simpson will give the same opportunity to all the players invited to the national team to prove themselves before dropping players which wasn't observed by Flying Eagles boss Paul Aigbogun.
Controversial agent Nureni Makanjuola frolicked with officials of the Flying Eagles when he visited camp and was caught red handed doling out foreign currency to the officials, so it didn't come as a surprise when his player Success Makanjuola was secretly added to the provisional squad list.
Meanwhile, assistant coach of the Nigeria U20s, Abdullahi Maikaba has written a petition to the Nigerian Federation on Paul Aigbogun, regarding how the team was selected.
The NFF asked Maikaba if Aigbogun collected bribe before selecting the players and he replied no.
A top official of the Nigerian Federation landed in Frankfurt, Germany this morning and will carefully scrutinize the Flying Eagles 21-man roster before it is made public.
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea Receive Bad News From Fenerbahce On Ex-Super Eagles Star Moses
- New Crewe Alexandra Signing Anene Reveals Secret Behind Jersey Number, Targets For The Season
- Four Talking Points From Nigeria Players Performances In Europe
- Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses Earns Team Of The Week Honours In Turkey
- Chelsea Hero Nevin On Abraham : Chelsea Fans Showed Their True Colours Vs Leicester City
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Central Defenders Named To Official Major League Soccer Team of the Week
- Confirmed : Former Nigeria U23 Captain Joins Albanian Side FK Kukesi
- Chelsea Coach Lampard Watches Anjorin Score Against Liverpool In Premier League 2
- Chelsea Loanee Moses Scores And Assists For Fenerbahce With Cotton Wool In Left Ear
- Official : U17 World Cup Winner Kingsley Michael Extends Bologna Contract
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football