Why Tottenham Hotspur Product Rejected Call-Up To Nigeria U20 SquadPublished: May 15, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Tottenham Hotspur product Keanan Bennetts passed up an opportunity to wear the colours of the Nigeria National Team at the upcoming FIFA U20 World Cup.
Flying Eagles boss Paul Aigbogun had wanted to name Keanan Bennetts on the provisional roster but the versatile winger rejected the call-up because he wanted to concentrate on his career with Borussia Mönchengladbach.
The highly-rated 20-year-old did not want to block his chances as he's on the verge of breaking into the Borussia Mönchengladbach first team and could have made his competitive debut for the German Bundesliga side this season if not for a torn muscle fibre injury he suffered.
Capable of playing as a left winger, left midfielder, playmaker, central midfielder and left back, he would have been the x-factor player in the Flying Eagles team if he had opted to represent Nigeria during the tournament in Poland.
Born in London, Keanan Bennetts is eligible to turn out to for the national teams of England, Germany and Nigeria and has earned caps for the two European nations at youth level.
His brother, Jayden honored the invitation to attend the Flying Eagles training camp in Germany despite the fact he was just recovering from an injury.
Photo Credit : borussia.de
Football News 24/7
- 'Joe Has Missed 10 Weeks' - Rangers Boss Gerrard Admits Aribo Not In Tip-top Condition
- Chelsea Icon Obi Mikel Captains Stoke City In 2-2 Draw With Barnsley
- UCL Wrap MD 1 : Dennis Scores; Onyeka, Sanusi Debut; Ighalo, Okereke, Zirkzee, Nmecha, Musiala Bench
- 'I Know How Ruben Likes To Play' - Aina Delighted To Link Up With Former Chelsea Teammate
- Spartak Moscow Coach Explains Why Chelsea Loanee Moses Was Not In Squad Vs Yenisey
- The Premier League Season Ahead - What To Expect And How Is The Current State Of The League
- Photo Confirmation : Viborg FF Bring In Ex-Nigeria U17 Star Ibrahim Said
- UCL: Super Eagle Onyeka Passes Fitness Test, Named In FCM Matchday Squad Vs Atalanta
- 'That Was A Joke' - Club Brugge's Dennis Clarifies Statement On Scoring Only Against Big Teams
- Lampard Supplements Chelsea Premier League Squad With Four Nigeria-Eligible Teenagers
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football