Why Tottenham Hotspur Product Rejected Call-Up To Nigeria U20 SquadPublished: May 15, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Tottenham Hotspur product Keanan Bennetts passed up an opportunity to wear the colours of the Nigeria National Team at the upcoming FIFA U20 World Cup.
Flying Eagles boss Paul Aigbogun had wanted to name Keanan Bennetts on the provisional roster but the versatile winger rejected the call-up because he wanted to concentrate on his career with Borussia Mönchengladbach.
The highly-rated 20-year-old did not want to block his chances as he's on the verge of breaking into the Borussia Mönchengladbach first team and could have made his competitive debut for the German Bundesliga side this season if not for a torn muscle fibre injury he suffered.
Capable of playing as a left winger, left midfielder, playmaker, central midfielder and left back, he would have been the x-factor player in the Flying Eagles team if he had opted to represent Nigeria during the tournament in Poland.
Born in London, Keanan Bennetts is eligible to turn out to for the national teams of England, Germany and Nigeria and has earned caps for the two European nations at youth level.
His brother, Jayden honored the invitation to attend the Flying Eagles training camp in Germany despite the fact he was just recovering from an injury.
Photo Credit : borussia.de
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football