Chelsea's Nigeria-Eligible Striker Reacts To Being Labelled The New DrogbaPublished: June 15, 2019
Nigeria Football Federation target Tammy Abraham is delighted to be compared to Chelsea legend Didier Drogba.
With 104 goals to his name from 254 appearances, the Ivory Coast legend is the top scoring African in Premier League history ahead of two players of Nigerian descent, Emmanuel Adebayor (97) and Yakubu Aiyegbeni (95).
Ahead of the European U21 Championship which begins on Sunday, the England U21 striker took a look at what people were saying about him on social media
, and was flattered to be likened to Drogba.
Replying to @robbie_tingstrom, Abraham said : ''I really wish I was Drogba, he was one of my idols growing up. It would be an honour to be like him, I call him my uncle''.
Abraham was one of the hottest players in the EFL Championship last season, scoring 26 goals to help Aston Villa secure promotion to the top flight and his future has been subject of speculation since the end of the season.
The lanky and powerful striker has netted 60 career goals since turning professional.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football